DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: BodyGuardz Dry Apply?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII

BodyGuardz Dry Apply?

Has anyone tried the newer BodyGuardz Dry Apply protectors? It sounds like they are the static type protectors like Steinheil, Clarivue, and Box Wave. Over the years I have tried many different brands of screen protectors (Zagg, PhantomSkinz, BestSkinsEver, BodyGuardz, ClearProtector, StealthGuards) but those are all the rubberized/wet install type. I just got an Incredible so I need to buy some new protection and want to see how well the static type ones work.

After reading reviews and comments around the web, I've narrowed it down to BodyGuard Dry or Steinheil. Boxwave is over priced and Clarivue apparent fits smaller which would bother me. Steinheil gets great reviews, and BodyGuardz is a better deal (with the 20% existing customer discount plus coupons) but there are really no reviews out there.

Also, do the static protectors scratch that easily, at least compared to the rubber ones? The rubber ones were pretty good at not getting permanently scratched, but it was at the sacrifice of the smoothness and feel.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It really depends on the top coat. The adhesive layer is the adhesive layer and it's on the opposite side of the protector. I wouldn't say that Steinheil scratches easily but I do have some scratches on mine and that's only from leaving the Droid in an Otterbox without any sort of padding while canoeing. I haven't picked up any scratches since then. IMO it's not worth the rubbery feel or visual defects. YMMV, of course.

Seriously, though, the protector is intended to be a sacrificial part. I personally don't get people that are upset when their screen protectors get scratched unless they're very easily scratched.
    Last edited by takeshi; 09-27-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Links