DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: A Question About Phantom Skinz

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

A Question About Phantom Skinz

I bought a Droid 2 in late Aug. and initially refrained from buying any accessories such as screen protectors, cases etc. However, now I'm constantly paranoid that eventually, I'm going to get a scratch on the thing sooner or later. So today I went out and bought a case (one that you just push the phone in and includes a belt clip) as well as (gulp) anti-glare screen protectors. Big mistake. What a waste of money those protectors were, even with the 10% discount. Sure, it may protect the screen just fine, but it takes away from the vibrancy of the awesome display of the Droid 2. I should have known better...

Anyway, I was doing research online and wanted to hear some opinions. Personally, I have concluded that Phantom Skinz is the best product out there as far as skins go, but I'm basing that assumption solely on what I have read, not from personal experience. I am pretty sure I am going to invest in this product, but am unsure about a few things. First, should I go with the "Full Body Kit" (glossy look) or the "Screen Only" kit? Second, if I do go with the "Fully Body", should I get the "Matte" finish? I was leaning towards the Matte finish only because the back of the Droid 2 has a nice rubbery feel to it, but I still can't decide. On one hand, I have read some reviews that would lead me to believe the Matte finish is only on the back and not the front. However, others that have me thinking that the Matte finish is for the entire phone, including the screen part. I would really appreciate some feedback regarding these skins and what option I should select before I place my order. Thanks for your help!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    I too thought Phantom Skinz were the best option, but after receiving them my opinion changed greatly: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...kinz-read.html

I like Clear Protector. Seem to be the best medium between smooth and scratch proof. And you can use coupon MILITARY for 50% off.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    I too thought Phantom Skinz were the best option, but after receiving them my opinion changed greatly: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...kinz-read.html

I like Clear Protector. Seem to be the best medium between smooth and scratch proof. And you can use coupon MILITARY for 50% off.
    yes,i agree with what you said.
    my new love-Droid

Links