I have always wanted a way to mount my droid on the wall next to my bed or even to the headboard of my bed. I am in the process of designing a mount for just that purpose, but am trying to gauge if there would be any interest in this or not, or am I the only one?
The idea is simple:
1. The brackets for the mount would be attached to the wall with mounting tape (think command strips, wont damage the wall)
2. Your droid will slide very easily into or out of the mount, even while plugged in (you would still use your regular charging cord).
3. The screen would not be covered so that you can still use it.
4. Use a clock application and replace your clock radio.
5. The headphone jack is still accessible, so you can listen to music through headphones while in bed without risking knocking your phone off the bed.
6. Compatible with all droids and pretty much all cases.
7. You will always have your droid within arms length while you are in bed, wont take up space on your nightstand with a bulky cradle, and you don't have to risk accidentally dropping your droid off the nightstand.
8. Could also be mounted next to your desk so that you don't take up desk space with a bulky cradle.
9. Mount your droid anywhere on a vertical surface!
Let me know what you guys think and I'll let you know if I make any new developments!
Prototype is in! Now working on production... I'll have pictures up soon. Keep updated: www.dockem.com