I'd like a multimedia dock for traveling that has/does the following:
- Convenient size/shape for traveling. Should fit in carry-on luggage and not arouse TSA suspicion.
- Magnets to automatically activate dock mode.
- Charges Droid
- Amplified speaker -- powerful enough to use in a small dance studio for a few people to dance to (e.g., comparable to a small boombo
- Ability to power speaker & droid from rechargeable batteries (preferably user replaceable) for at least 2 hours.
- When plugged in, would be nice to charge the rechargeable batteries along with charging the Droid
Something that is a cross between the original Motorola Multimedia Dock and the Logitech PureFi Anywhere portable Ipod speaker would work nicely.
I don't mind if I have to separately plug a cable into the Droid's headphone jack -- that's not a big deal.
Since I don't travel that frequently (maybe once or twice a year), it shouldn't be too expensive. I could see paying up to $150 for it.