DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Workout Headphones/Earbuds

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Question Best Workout Headphones/Earbuds

Just like the title asks, what are the best wired and/or wireless headphones for someone that is exercising. Read sweating and moving around. I have done a search but most of the reviews I found are not for working out. The main purpose would be for running and gym workouts. I know there are guys on here that test out these types of accessories and I am looking for some good unbiased reviews and opinions. This is a purchase I would like make one time. Some things to consider:

1. Durability - Sweat nuff said.
    2. Comfort - Going to be bouncing and moving around. Not all day but I would prefer to concentrate on the workout not the things on my ears.
    3. Sound Quality - Listening to music, Cardo Trainer app, and taking calls.
    4. Functionality - Changing songs, answering calls, adjusting volumes ect.
    5. Price - I want to make this purchase once. You usually get what you pay for, but if the better product is cheaper, even better.

Many Thanks.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Oh well bump bump.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Sennheisers are the only ones that will work for me. They wrap around the back of the head and never budge when running. Can be washed out as well.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I used to run on the treadmill with a Jabra Bluetooth set. It was great for use with my phone as I didn't have to worry about wires and I was able to talk if anyone ever called. The set I had came with multiple ear piece sizes so I didn't worry about it falling out. Only negative is that you'll only get it in one ear, but that didn't bother me much.
    Motorola Droid
    ShadowROM v0.2.1
    Stock Kernel
    I'll give it to you straight partner; I don't need a metaphor.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by russdroid View Post
    Sennheisers are the only ones that will work for me. They wrap around the back of the head and never budge when running. Can be washed out as well.
    Have you ever tried the motorokr headset? The Sennheisers Adidas and the Motorokr's where the only two that came to mind once I read his requirements,but I've never used either set,so I didn't want to suggest them without having used them.

For a runner the most important part for starters is staying nice and snug on your ears.
    Last edited by orangepeel; 07-24-2010 at 07:42 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    All these replies came after I made my purchase of the Motorola S305s. I made my decision based off other reviews on Amazon ect. I will be hitting the track tonight. It is 100 degrees right now so at 2300 when I run it will probably still be about 85 degrees. We will see if they pass the durability test real quick.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    All these replies came after I made my purchase of the Motorola S305s. I made my decision based off other reviews on Amazon ect. I will be hitting the track tonight. It is 100 degrees right now so at 2300 when I run it will probably still be about 85 degrees. We will see if they pass the durability test real quick.
    I think you made a good pick.Let us know how well they work out for you.

Yes,it is crazy hot.When I got off work it was 99 with a "feels like "104
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    methalaclark
    Headphones are use for something hear from your phone or any other device. So that Sound quality is best important part when you select best headphones. Moreover I also see the cost of the headphones. If you want to use headphone during your work then better to take sony headphones.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    First run impressions:

Durability:
    They survived. It was 80 degrees with God only knows how much humidity so I was sweating and it was sticking to me. If they make it through two weeks of this I say they are good to go.

Comfort:
    I did not have to mess with them one time. This is a big deal to me. I have a hard time embracing the suck of running so messing with the headphones is one less worry.

Sound Quality:
    Music and the cardio trainer app came through clear as a bell. Had anyone called they would have understood the cursing I would have given them with no problem.

Functionality:
    No fault to the headphones but the interaction between double twist and the cardio trainer playing my songs was a problem at first. Once I got past that I could change songs and pause to check out the sounds around me just fine.

Price:
    If these hold up to me sweating all over them they are a bargain. Let's give them two weeks of Alabamastan summertime with me wearing them while running and we shall see. So far so good.

10. Johnly
    skull buds for working out (the 40 dollar kind).....skull candy (250.00) studio for being an audio phenotype....simple why not Google these things? jeez, as if there isn't enough clutter?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links