DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Zagg invisibleshield and cases for Motorola Droid

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Zagg invisibleshield and cases for Motorola Droid

I have been through 3 Zagg invisbileshield for my Motorola Droid in the past 5 months. They all simply peel off the phone which makes no sense to me at all. Did anyone else run into that issue? Also, I was thinking if I put a front gel sleeve on it around the screen protector, that would possible prevent the screen protector from peeling off, but I was looking for one that was thin enough that the phone would still be able to fit inside my leather belt clip case. Any suggestions?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I had a Zagg invisishield on my Omnia for 22months, it is still on there. I have a Zagg on its way now. By the way,, They say they are warrantied forever, I think there is a small charge, but not sure how much as I never used it. As soon as my full protection set arrives,, it is going on the Droid. (I can find screen protection local, but not the full body)

For now I have a screen protector and a silicone case on it.

Tom
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have had a Zagg on my Droid since I bought it and have had zero problems with it. No peeling, no bubbles, no scratches, nothing. Looks like the day I put it on there. I also had one on my previous phone with zero issues. Sounds like somethings not right with your phone or how you are applying it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    I had a single Zagg on one of my mp3 players for 2 years, with only slight peeling on the corners because they were rounded. Only reason I took it off was because it got real dirty and was turning yellowish. Paid the couple bucks for the replacement and the new one has been on for about 6 months now, no peeling at all this time, even on the round edges.

Sounds like installation error for you. My suggestion is ditch using the sponge/solution Zagg gives you and do it this way: Fill a bowl with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Submerge your shield piece completely in the water, shake off the standing water, then lay it on your device. Should be wet enough to slide around for a few seconds before it sticks. Then squeegee out the rest of the water and air bubbles (though there shouldn't many if you did it right).

That is the way the brands that don't give you installation tools suggest, and it works much better. I've done 5+ installs that way and they've all turned out great.
    Last edited by Detonation; 07-01-2010 at 08:25 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    I have Zagg invisibleshield on my phone and had a hell of a time getting it off to replace my phone. I love ZAGG
    Live Life To It's Fullest!!!! As you Only Live Once So Enjoy it!!!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn2710 View Post
    I have been through 3 Zagg invisbileshield for my Motorola Droid in the past 5 months. They all simply peel off the phone which makes no sense to me at all. Did anyone else run into that issue?
    I used Zagg I/S for about 6 months, no issues.. I just got a replacement Droid for my broken one, sent the old I/S back to Zagg and got a free replacement for that as well, but I haven't installed it yet.. I am actually enjoying the "naked" feel of the gorilla glass. Which leads me to my actual question:

Are there any QUALITY alternatives to Invisible Shield out there that don't have the soft tacky feel of I/S? I'm looking for something that is smooth and slick like the actual glass surface of my Droid... I LOVE invisible shields but I want a smoother feel for a change... any suggestions?
    Last edited by richjacksonkc; 07-06-2010 at 09:26 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by richjacksonkc View Post
    I have been through 3 Zagg invisbileshield for my Motorola Droid in the past 5 months. They all simply peel off the phone which makes no sense to me at all. Did anyone else run into that issue?
    I used Zagg I/S for about 6 months, no issues.. I just got a replacement Droid for my broken one, sent the old I/S back to Zagg and got a free replacement for that as well, but I haven't installed it yet.. I am actually enjoying the "naked" feel of the gorilla glass. Which leads me to my actual question:

Are there any QUALITY alternatives to Invisible Shield out there that don't have the soft tacky feel of I/S? I'm looking for something that is smooth and slick like the actual glass surface of my Droid... I LOVE invisible shields but I want a smoother feel for a change... any suggestions?
    I've been using Clear Protector for a while now and have been very satisfied. Very smooth, very little rubbery/orange peel look. You can also get 50% with code MILITARY I beleive. Otherwise Body Guardz is also very smooth.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid(First one)
    mine is great maybe you didnt wait for it ti cure long enough. heres a link of the test iv put mine through.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Nope. How are you carrying your Droid though? Constant rubbing against the edges of the IS can cause it to peel prematurely. I've had a couple of former devices where narrow edges would start to peel from holstering/unholstering.
  11. dLi
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have been using the Incredible Shield for sometime now and I am not having any issues. The edges don't rub/peel off nor has it formed bubbles. I purchased it from https://cretouch.com/shield-motorola-droid-p-390.html.

Links