DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Otter box case

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Otter box case

I have the original droid case that i got from the verizon store, but im not happy with it because it is cheap and lets dirt get in between the phone and case. Im looking for a better case, and the one that looks the best to me is the otter box. The only thing is it looks bulkier than all the other cases. Can anyone tell me about this case and if its too bulky?

3. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    dude i have the seidio case and its probably the best out there. i had the body glove but the top piece kept popping off and that was bulky

so i got the seidio one (and the holster that fits the case) and i dont think i will ever get another case. 3 months and still lookin good.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    from what i understand, otterbox is in between the seidio (thinnest) and bodyglove (thickest) in terms of thickness out of these three. i should be receiving my otterbox case within the next few days!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I just got my OtterBox yesterday. It's a great case. It fits on perfectly. My only two complaints are that the screen protector that came with it is junk - the "peel this sticker off after installation" sticker is held on by some sort of Chernobyl/dark matter adhesive. You cannot peel that sticker off without damaging the scree protector for the life of you.

The other complaint about it (minor) is that the phone does not fit in the multimedia station with it on - but that's no big surprise. Luckily it's super easy to take off, so it's not a big deal.

Other than that - I love the case - highly recommend it.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    just got my otterbox case yesterday as well. i had trouble putting the screen protector on perfectly so there are some minor issues there, but i think its mostly my fault. i got a call mid-application and my phone started vibrating lol. case is basically what i expected, pretty solid fit and finish. got my first smartphone (droid) tuesday and slapped my first phone case (otterbox) on thursday
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFunFun View Post
    My only two complaints are that the screen protector that came with it is junk - the "peel this sticker off after installation" sticker is held on by some sort of Chernobyl/dark matter adhesive. You cannot peel that sticker off without damaging the scree protector for the life of you.
    Actually that sticker is on there to help you remove the upper protective layer which covers the the entire screen. Just like the lower layer you remove to apply the protector.

I've had the Verizon, Seidio and Otter Box. By far, I like the Otter Box the best. Just don't buy it from Otter Box. It is far cheaper at other retailers. Just Google "Otter Box Droid".
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    GSM Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SANhacker View Post
    My only two complaints are that the screen protector that came with it is junk - the "peel this sticker off after installation" sticker is held on by some sort of Chernobyl/dark matter adhesive. You cannot peel that sticker off without damaging the scree protector for the life of you.
    Actually that sticker is on there to help you remove the upper protective layer which covers the the entire screen. Just like the lower layer you remove to apply the protector.

I've had the Verizon, Seidio and Otter Box. By far, I like the Otter Box the best. Just don't buy it from Otter Box. It is far cheaper at other retailers. Just Google "Otter Box Droid".
    I'm somewhat confused on how the Otter Box case is actually put together. You guys all speak of a screen protector - is that the gizzmo that covers the screen and prevents fingerprints and scratches? What if you don't LIKE those kind of things; you don't have to install it - right? I mean, it's an additional item to go with the cover for the bulk of the body and the piece that fits over the top of the Droid, right?

Sorry to sound so confused on this point.

-Mike
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic / Verizon
    I had my Droid since last Nov. and had a Body Glove on it, a little bulky, the front was flimsy when sliding the keyboard open and very hard to remove the back if you need to access the battery or to just give it a good cleaning. Last week one of the tabs from the front piece broke off so after reading around I chose the Otter Box (ordered it Sat. and expect it any day. I read that the Otter Box is less bulky than the BG but not by much, but it seems that way, a little bigger than the Seidio, but some said the Seidio felt flimsy and the top would scrape when sliding the keyboard out.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I just got my Droid today, I put the Otter Box on as soon as I took my Droid out of the box. It has already survived 2 falls with it. The first, it slid off my lap and fell between the car seat and console.Second, was at about 3 feet to floor. I let my mom look at it and she dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SANhacker View Post

I'm somewhat confused on how the Otter Box case is actually put together. You guys all speak of a screen protector - is that the gizzmo that covers the screen and prevents fingerprints and scratches? What if you don't LIKE those kind of things; you don't have to install it - right? I mean, it's an additional item to go with the cover for the bulk of the body and the piece that fits over the top of the Droid, right?

Sorry to sound so confused on this point.

-Mike
    The screen protector is optional. Its one of those peel and stick things. You can use the Otter Box with out it. The Otter Box just snaps around the phone.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855 DROID
    Bought an Otter Box myself. So far I am pleased. Just a lil slick to the touch, and it has no belt clip/holster/contraption. Other than those two, this is a fabulous case.

Hard to find a holster without magnets.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links