DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Case Reviews

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razor
    It looks like there may be to much room in the case, does it sit nice and snug. I also don't use hard KB, so wouldn't be bothered.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cLovis_ll View Post
    that looks good!! can you post a picture of the phone from the side? i rarely use the kb as well so this might be the case for me..
    I took some pictures of the sides of the case for you but I really wish I had a nicer camera for shots of close objects.

I realize that the hinge and and clip on the side are what some people are going to find un-pleasing so I tried to get half ok pictures of them. I won't try and hide anything someone might not like. If you get the case on my recommendation I'll be upfront about it. I don't want anyone to get it and not like the case for what it is.

I really find that the clip and hinge makes the case rather easy to work with. The case has never opened unintentionally during use or while in a pocket. At the same time the case also allows for easy to removal of the phone when it comes time to put it in the car dock or media dock. Takes only seconds to remove and without any part of the case pulling on the phone so no scratches from constand case removal. Just open and use the cut out at the bottom side of where the phone sits in the case.

Looking at the phone in the current top and bottom vertical position the pictures are from left to right are (right side clip, right side clip, left side hinge, top of case, bottom of case)

And to just to clarify because I posted two pictures of one side there is only one clip on the right side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircaseleftside1.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircaseleftside2.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircaserightside1.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircasetop1.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircasebottum2.jpg  

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angler1 View Post
    It looks like there may be to much room in the case, does it sit nice and snug. I also don't use hard KB, so wouldn't be bothered.
    The phone actually fits really snug in the case. I can shake it all I want and I won't feel or hear the phone moving at all within the case.

The phone has and I'll quote this from their website "Neoprene inner lining for extra protection and shock absorber". I took some pictures for you to look at.

The first picture shows that the phone is in snug. No space between the phone and case. I also added two pictures of the lining inside the case without the phone.

The phone doesn't actually touch any of the metal while in the case which is good because I believe if it were just metal it'd scratch the phone. After about a month of use I've not run across any instance where I thought the case might scratch or damage the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircasefit1.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircaseinside2.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-pdaircaseinside3.jpg  
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angler1 View Post
    The phone actually fits really snug in the case. I can shake it all I want and I won't feel or hear the phone moving at all within the case.

The phone has and I'll quote this from their website "Neoprene inner lining for extra protection and shock absorber". I took some pictures for you to look at.

The first picture shows that the phone is in snug. No space between the phone and case. I also added two pictures of the lining inside the case without the phone.

The phone doesn't actually touch any of the metal while in the case which is good because I believe if it were just metal it'd scratch the phone. After about a month of use I've not run across any instance where I thought the case might scratch or damage the phone.
    The Al cases are pretty good, for what they do. I had an HP iPAQ that had a problem with the flex cable to the display, it would reverse (you could see stuff, but you kind of needed a mirror or something to read it properly), and the way to get it to un-reverse was to find a hard surface, and give it a big thwack on the back. People would sure look at you funny, sometimes it took a couple of whacks. But with an Al case, not actual damage to the unit. I had another one on a Dell Axim. Protection, for what it covers, is top notch. That said, I'm not sure I'd use one on the Droid, granted the black variant looks pretty good, but the Droid is pretty sturdy from what I can see, the keyboard setup is "problematical", and there's not really any screen protection (granted, with the gorilla glass, pretty sturdy stuff). But I do remember once really getting hit hard in the leg once, right on top of the Al case Axim, felt like it was going to break my leg, but the Axim and case weathered the storm fine, and I'm not sure any of the leather or padded cases would have protected it as well.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just in case any of you wanting a snap on case had missed it:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-dock-mod.html

I reviewed this one from Verizon...check it out
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola Droid
    I also have the body glove case and it is really nice, but it have a pain in the ass to take it off you feel like ur gonna brake it wn you pull it off.
    but the up side to the case it s very durable and it has saved my phne twice when ive droped it.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've been looking for a wallet style case (like the ones for the iphone) but haven't been able to find one. If no one makes one of those I will probably get the body glove.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelinmad4 View Post
    I've been looking for a wallet style case (like the ones for the iphone) but haven't been able to find one. If no one makes one of those I will probably get the body glove.
    Heya...

Actually I'm gonna point you to the direction to the case where I bought for my HTC Leo...

This is the version for the Droid which I don't have:
    PDair Leather Case for Motorola Droid - Flip Type (Red) by PDair - PDair.com

But I do have this just FYI (only paid $28 for it, and shipping included)

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by fujitsupalm View Post
    Heya...

Actually I'm gonna point you to the direction to the case where I bought for my HTC Leo...

too bad i already order a pouch for mine...this would've been the rite one i've beening looking for...

+ =
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by fujitsupalm View Post
    Heya...

Awesome! That is exactly what I was looking for.
Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Links