DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Case Reviews

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I am also on the hunt for a Non-Magnetic Vertical case for my Droid. I work outdoors and loved my Vertical case for my BB Storm. I hope the SENA case works out great. I would only recommend the Ghost Armor to go with it, so that way we are able to utilize the Car Mount and the media station without having to take off the snapable cases. I am currently using the Ghost Armor on my ipod touch and Love it. It keeps it looking brand new and doesnt affect performance. I had it installed at my local shopping mall. Lifetime guarantee.
    Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor
    SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE 3G/3G S ELEGA POUCH
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid I

Fair Holster that holds Droid with BG rubber Case!

I live in Illinois and stopped into a "Cricket" phone shop because i noticed 2 full walls covered with phone cases and protectors. This was only $10 so of course you get what you pay for. "WITH the Body Glove rubber case" that many have returned for making the phone to large for most holsters, This one fits them both perfectly, this also has 2 belt loops along with the flimsy clip to securely keep it from dislodging. This holster has 2 little magnets but DOES NOT turn on Droid because of the Rubber Body Glove Case!!!! This will do just fine until someone makes a similar product of top notch quality..

Here are pics if i can figure out how to load them..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Droid Case Reviews-100_0722.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-100_0723.jpg   Motorola Droid Case Reviews-100_0724.jpg  
    Last edited by iraparks; 11-14-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: added information
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid I
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rocket View Post
    If you're looking for a Holster other than the paper-thin awful excuse for a holster you can get at verizon...head down to ATT.

They have a beautiful black leather velcro (high quality velcro) case that fits the droid perfectly. The stitches are tan and inside of the case is a tan leather, outside is black. It's a great compliment to the black & brown sugar accents on the droid. It's not cheap at $35.00 but the quality and looks is second to none.

here's a link:

Premium Black Leather Horizontal Case - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T=
    Is this holster LARGE enough to fit the Droid in the Body Glove case?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    They have that same (black leather with tan stitching) at Radio Shack for around $20-$25. They also have it in brown, and yes, my Droid fit nicely in there, but I don't want a horizontal case.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by p0pi76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by akj27 View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a leather pouch type case for the Droid? I used to own a Blackberry curve before the droid and this is what I used:

http://www.sparepartsformobiles.co.u...W13386-001.jpg

I'm looking for something similar to that.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, I did google motorola droid leather pouch but I'm looking for something that someone here owns, and some feedback.
    Heres what I just purchased and I love it. Fits great and is very high quality.

SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE ELEGA POUCH
    I love the SENA cases. My only question is how snug does it fit? I found a belkin at Fry's Electronics.... Velcro .... it was perfect size.... but TOO snug. So when you wanted to answer a phone call, you would have to fight it to come out. It was made for the iphone 3gs.
    http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/rele...res/F8Z330.jpg
    I am willing to pay the price for the SENA. I want an honest answer on how easy it is to pull it out. Thanks!

unless your in a huge hurry to get one it doesnt matter.
    from Sena:
    Thank you for your interest in Sena Cases.

We will be making custom cases for the Motorola Droid.
    However, the release date is still TBD. Please check back in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, please accept this coupon code: HOLIDAYSAV for 20% off your next order.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Randi Weden
    Support, SENA CASES
    Phone: (714)-505-8312 or 1-888-SENA-USA
    Fax: (714)-505-8322
    Email: Support@Senacases.com

myself i will just wait for them to release the one just for the droid
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    If the Sena Elega pouch for the iPhone does fit the Droid nicely (as a previous post on this forum claims it does), I wonder why the Sena folks don't just tell people that model is compatible with the Droid -- they could sell a whole bunch more of these without having to create new models. I love the fact that the Sena Elega pouches come in different colors, too -- I get so tired of everything just being black ("one color fits all"?).
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    In case this helps in determining whether the Sena Elega pouch for iPhone is in fact a good fit for the Droid, here are the dimensions of two devices compared (this is for the original iPhone not the G3 iPhone):

thickness: iPhone, 11.6 mm . . . Droid, 14 mm
    length (held vertically): iPhone, 115 mm . . . Droid, 116 mm
    width (held vertically): iPhone, 61 mm .... Droid, 60 mm

So they are very close (just one tiny mm difference) in length and width, however the Droid is 2.4 mm thicker

the 3G iPhone is 12.3 mm thick, 115.5 mm tall, 62.1 mm wide
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Cellet Bergam Case/Cas (Vertical Holster) on Droid

Since the sizes are somewhat similar with the iPhone, I tried out a Cellet Bergam case,

purchased off of e-bay. It seems to work fairly well on a Moto Droid, but a few notes:

1. Pretty tight - even after stretching elastic out by hand
    2. The top of the Droid extends above the case about 3mm (no protection, but this must be by design, as the iPhone and the Droid are only about 1mm diffo in length)
    3. Screen is fully protected, as is the bottom, but the sides not as much (there's just a stretchy fabric, leather part forms a U around the phone, no sides)

I did not try the clip, but I know from other Cellets I had, that it works fine, is actually a pretty good clip. I want to use mine without the clip, in a pocket of my pants. It might scratch up a belt a bit, if it's soft enough leather. Doesn't rotate, as far as I can tell, so only vertical, if you go that way. I am still debating the lack of top protection, when I have things in a pocket that's not so important, and the leather across the back looks to be very protective. Still, and probably this is in part because the Droid is thicker, the case is fairly tight on the phone.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pwjone1 View Post
    Since the sizes are somewhat similar with the iPhone, I tried out a Cellet Bergam case,

purchased off of e-bay. It seems to work fairly well on a Moto Droid, but a few notes:

1. Pretty tight - even after stretching elastic out by hand
    2. The top of the Droid extends above the case about 3mm (no protection, but this must be by design, as the iPhone and the Droid are only about 1mm diffo in length)
    3. Screen is fully protected, as is the bottom, but the sides not as much (there's just a stretchy fabric, leather part forms a U around the phone, no sides)

I did not try the clip, but I know from other Cellets I had, that it works fine, is actually a pretty good clip. I want to use mine without the clip, in a pocket of my pants. It might scratch up a belt a bit, if it's soft enough leather. Doesn't rotate, as far as I can tell, so only vertical, if you go that way. I am still debating the lack of top protection, when I have things in a pocket that's not so important, and the leather across the back looks to be very protective. Still, and probably this is in part because the Droid is thicker, the case is fairly tight on the phone.
    Oh, one thing, if a manufacturer is looking to make a Droid specific vertical holster, it would be nice to have one where the micro-USB is open to be plugged into while the holster is on the unit. So the Cellet is good, but the three main changes I'd make:

1. Less Snug (so phone slides in and out of holster more easily)
    2. Slightly Longer (to cover the whole phone, kind of silly to leave the last few mm uncovered)
    3. Clear the micro-USB so you can plug in while the holster is attached (granted, those that dock, won't care here)
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    I've been using the Sena Elega Pouch for a week now. Here are my observations:

Quality: The is very very good. Nice leather and a soft quality interior. Interior actually seems to clean the screen glass as I remove it.

Clip: Leather covered, slip on clip. Good strength, but time will tell how it lasts. Usually I wear the leather off these in time, but this one does seem much better made.

Fit: The iPhone 3GS Elega Pouch actually fits very well. It was a little snug (not enough that I worried about damaging the phone) at first. The more I used it the better if formed to the Droid. Now it slides in and out with ease, but has plenty of hold. If I hold the case upside down and shake it the phone will not move. It does show a little of the droid at the top, but nothing that concerns me. No more than a couple of mm stick out. Actually that little extra helps with grabbing and pulling it out.

Overall: I'm very pleased with this case, styling, and fit. 2 thumbs up.
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Links