DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holsters

1. Senior Droid
    Member #

Holsters

I work with horses, so am in a high dust environment all the time. I want a fold-over belt clip holster, but most I've seen have magnetic closures. I want a lot of protection, but easy access. I intend to leave the phone "naked" to start, so a snug fit is good. Any suggestions??? Also, must be secure belt clip, not cheap plastic, as I am hard on them.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    it seems as though many companies will be releasing holsters and or belt clips for this phone... you may want to steer clear of the ones that close with a magnet for the reason it could cause the phone to go into GPS or HOME mode.

i can promise you there will be several options from the VZW store at the release.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    it seems as though many companies will be releasing holsters and or belt clips for this phone... you may want to steer clear of the ones that close with a magnet for the reason it could cause the phone to go into GPS or HOME mode.

i can promise you there will be several options from the VZW store at the release.
    I have heard this mentioned several times, but I honestly think that Motorola Accounted for this. I doubt that they would make a phone that would be impossible to build a case for. 80% of holsters use magnetic closure. I'm SURE you will be able to use magnetic closure. On my blackberries the magnet has to be in the EXACT spot to enable function.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post

I have heard this mentioned several times, but I honestly think that Motorola Accounted for this. I doubt that they would make a phone that would be impossible to build a case for. 80% of holsters use magnetic closure. I'm SURE you will be able to use magnetic closure. On my blackberries the magnet has to be in the EXACT spot to enable function.

i agree on this... but will definatly try out the case before i buy it.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    All I have ever used are holsters with magents. I guess the only other options are some sort of button or velcro?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I agree with medicThree and can't believe they wouldn't have accounted for that, but somewhere in all the info I've read here over the last few days, I've seen something that advised against employees pushing holsters with magnetic closures. For a legit reason, or do they not know so don't want to take chances?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    I agree with medicThree and can't believe they wouldn't have accounted for that, but somewhere in all the info I've read here over the last few days, I've seen something that advised against employees pushing holsters with magnetic closures. For a legit reason, or do they not know so don't want to take chances?
    My guess, they don't know. Honestly.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I purchased the Eddie Bauer branded magnetic holster when I picked up my phone at Best Buy. It was all they had that would fit the Droid at the time...

Unfortunately it does exactly what people have been worrying about- it puts the phone into Navigation/ Dock mode every time I place it in the holster.

It's either going back to the store or going to be re purposed for my iPod Touch.

Sorry for the bummer news.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Well, at least now we know!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    G1, Droid1, Incredible

The G1 has an actual micro compass in it (for Google Street View), which magnets in close proximity tended to screw up, so G1 owners learned to avoid cases with magnet closures (not easy). I don't know if the droid also has a micro compass in it. Anyone know yet?

I plan to buy a droid today. If I decide I want a belt clip, I will be buying a Seidio, once they have them available for the droid. IMHO, they have the best quality (and no magnets are involved).
    Last edited by webby; 11-08-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links