DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: External Keyboard for Droid?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bernilynn View Post
    I'm having a problem connecting the Droid to the Freedom Pro Keyboard. I downloaded the KeyPro driver; bluetooth is on; the driver located the keyboard and found the address. When I press "save" the Droid says "connecting" and then stays that way. Never says paired, or disconnect- just stays at connecting. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    I should have made detailed notes as I got the thing working, but I flailed around a bit...mainly because I'm averse to reading manuals and directions. It seemed logical to me that step 1 would be BT pairing, but that turns out to be a non-issue; BT just needs to be on. (You did set the switch to SPP didn't you?) There's a hole near the on-off switch you can poke to make the keyboard visible for pairing, but it seems to be in the pairing mode when it is turned on, so I've never had to poke it. Here's the process I use that always works:
    Turn on BT
    Launch Keypro, and immediately turn on the keyboard.
    The Keypro driver first says connecting, then connected...and at this point you're good to go.
    I'm assuming you watched the video about using the Keypro driver...it would have eliminated my initial flailing, I think, but I didn't watch it until I was already flailing.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by trpster View Post
    I'm having a problem connecting the Droid to the Freedom Pro Keyboard. I downloaded the KeyPro driver; bluetooth is on; the driver located the keyboard and found the address. When I press "save" the Droid says "connecting" and then stays that way. Never says paired, or disconnect- just stays at connecting. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    I should have made detailed notes as I got the thing working, but I flailed around a bit...mainly because I'm averse to reading manuals and directions. It seemed logical to me that step 1 would be BT pairing, but that turns out to be a non-issue; BT just needs to be on. (You did set the switch to SPP didn't you?) There's a hole near the on-off switch you can poke to make the keyboard visible for pairing, but it seems to be in the pairing mode when it is turned on, so I've never had to poke it. Here's the process I use that always works:
    Turn on BT
    The Keypro driver first says connecting, then connected...and at this point you're good to go.
    I'm assuming you watched the video about using the Keypro driver...it would have eliminated my initial flailing, I think, but I didn't watch it until I was already flailing.
    Tried again. Uninstalled and then re-downloaded Keypro. Followed instructions. First Keypro couldn't find any keyboard- then it found the Freedom Pro. I got to connecting, and after several minutes, a message appeared saying there was a "problem pairing with bluetooth device". Then it goes back and tries to connect.
    Could I have a defective keyboard? It's brand new, just came today. I am on SPP. In fact, I've tried to rapid switching from HID to SPP. That didn't help either.
    Where is there a video, please?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

It works!

Thanks!
    Turn on BT
    Tried again. Uninstalled and then re-downloaded Keypro. Followed instructions. First Keypro couldn't find any keyboard- then it found the Freedom Pro. I got to connecting, and after several minutes, a message appeared saying there was a "problem pairing with bluetooth device". Then it goes back and tries to connect.
    Could I have a defective keyboard? It's brand new, just came today. I am on SPP. In fact, I've tried to rapid switching from HID to SPP. That didn't help either.
    But please don't ask me how that happened, because I'm not sure. I went to the Freedom Pro website and followed their instructions, which called for trying to pair from the within the bluetooth settings, and entering a code (0000). That seemed to do it.
    Thanks for the help!

Berni
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Turn on BT
    But please don't ask me how that happened, because I'm not sure. I went to the Freedom Pro website and followed their instructions, which called for trying to pair from the within the bluetooth settings, and entering a code (0000). That seemed to do it.
    Thanks for the help!

Berni
    Wow. I wasn't able to get it working by BT pairing. I did find this link, though, that you should tuck away somewhere in case things go awry:
    http://www.mymobilegear.com/download...ser_Manual.pdf
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thanks for the help!

Berni
    Wow. I wasn't able to get it working by BT pairing. I did find this link, though, that you should tuck away somewhere in case things go awry:
    http://www.mymobilegear.com/download...ser_Manual.pdf
    Got it, thanks!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    nonnasmyladie
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon
    First of all the Universal 2 is a piece of crap!

It totally sucks!

But i'm stuck with it. My problem is there is no driver for it.

Can you help me find a driver that would allow me to use this keyboard.

I'm hesitant to purchase keypro because the free one doesn't work at all. does anyone know if the 10 dollar one works better or if there is another driver?
    -Joe
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links