DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by spoooon View Post
    OP, noticed the black camera button. Did you use a sharpie or paint it? The "gold" is flaking off of mind and I pretend that it doesn't bother me.

The case looks great. Does it seem like removing it and putting it back on will cause undue wear and tear on the phone?
    I'm not the OP, but for what it's worth, I can easily answer your question...

His button is not painted or Sharpie'd... that's the beauty of this Otterbox case... it has an inner lining of silicone-rubber that covers the function buttons and also covers the open ports!

Look at the pics again very closely and look at the Otterbox website where it lists the features.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have to admit, that's one sweet looking case. One thing I like is that it doesn't look too terribly bulky....

The statement below is true...
    The statement above is false...

My other phone is 2 Progresso soup cans and a very long string!!!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spoooon View Post
    OP, noticed the black camera button. Did you use a sharpie or paint it? The "gold" is flaking off of mind and I pretend that it doesn't bother me.

The case looks great. Does it seem like removing it and putting it back on will cause undue wear and tear on the phone?
    I'm not the OP, but for what it's worth, I can easily answer your question...

His button is not painted or Sharpie'd... that's the beauty of this Otterbox case... it has an inner lining of silicone-rubber that covers the function buttons and also covers the open ports!

Look at the pics again very closely and look at the Otterbox website where it lists the features.
    Crap, that just sold the case. Pretty f-ing sweet.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    yeh I was gonna hold out for dimensions but i couldn't wait any longer. just pulled the trigger. can't wait!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355

Re: Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

It's a great case, you guys won't be disappointed! Some don't like because it's not rubberized but it really makes no difference to me. I love the sleeve around the buttons, everything is so much easier to control.

I wish these guys would build the Defender series for the droid. I love how it looks on the blackberry

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm with the guy a few posts ago wondering if it will fit in the Seido Dock. Someone reply back if they know, thanks!
    Highly doubtful. I have the seidio dock and the clearance on it with the sedio case on it is not much. I'm expecting the otter box to be a little thicker given the extra layer of silicone. But I'll find out in a few days.

Just picked one up on newegg for 19.99.
    "Your phone does all kinds of things daddy. It's the awesomest phone EVER!"
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355

Re: Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

Is it helps, the case just barely fits standing vertically into my eze-stand

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Just ordered this case today. Since the ports are covered, how easy is it to charge the phone, and do you have to remove the lower part of the case every time you need to charge the phone?

I'm actually getting this as a replacement for my Seidio case. I ordered the Seidio one last month not long after I got my Droid, and I must have gotten one from the earlier batch, because the top cover was loose (I ordered the Amethyst one). I contacted Seidio directly since I saw posts in this forum of people having a similar issue, and that's what they recommended. However, Seidio told me I needed to contact the retailer I purchased my case from. Fortunately, Amazon was great in sending me a replacement, but the replacement case also loosened up over the first couple of days that I had it, and was so wiggly it was distracting. I also had ordered the blue Seidio for my husband's Droid, but it's had no problems whatsoever. After doing a little research and finding out some of the "fit" issues with some of the Seidios, as well as some of the tab problems that some people were having, I decided not to try a different color, and ordered the Otterbox instead.

I do plug my Droid into the charging cable nearly every evening, so I'm hoping that port is easily accessible with the Otterbox case on. Looks like a good solid case. The OP posted some really nice pics of it.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    Just ordered this case today. Since the ports are covered, how easy is it to charge the phone, and do you have to remove the lower part of the case every time you need to charge the phone?

I'm actually getting this as a replacement for my Seidio case. I ordered the Seidio one last month not long after I got my Droid, and I must have gotten one from the earlier batch, because the top cover was loose (I ordered the Amethyst one). I contacted Seidio directly since I saw posts in this forum of people having a similar issue, and that's what they recommended. However, Seidio told me I needed to contact the retailer I purchased my case from. Fortunately, Amazon was great in sending me a replacement, but the replacement case also loosened up over the first couple of days that I had it, and was so wiggly it was distracting. I also had ordered the blue Seidio for my husband's Droid, but it's had no problems whatsoever. After doing a little research and finding out some of the "fit" issues with some of the Seidios, as well as some of the tab problems that some people were having, I decided not to try a different color, and ordered the Otterbox instead.

I do plug my Droid into the charging cable nearly every evening, so I'm hoping that port is easily accessible with the Otterbox case on. Looks like a good solid case. The OP posted some really nice pics of it.
    A little off-topic, but why do you have a Apple avatar in a Droid forum?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    A little off-topic, but why do you have a Apple avatar in a Droid forum?
    No problem. I use this avatar, simply because I like it. I'm also a Mac person, and use the avatar in several other forums, covering a wide variety of topics. Never thought it would be a problem, honestly. No one has ever asked me that question before.

Now that I'm thinking about it, there are only two or three avatars I really ever use. This one, one of my dog, and....well, I guess there are only two that I use.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links