DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics & Review of the Otterbox case

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Looks great

Now, if OtterBox would come out with a holster for it, like the VZ Shell/Holster combo, then I would get one for sure.
    Mike - Droid running stock 2.2

2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just got the case, and it fits perfectly. No complaints at all with that. The top part surprised me with how well it fit also. Now at least on mine the very bottom, near the speaker, has some give and i can push down on it and it moves. Not a big complaint at all. But the only real complaint i have is the material the back is made out of. I personally like the rubber feel like the actual back of the droid has, but this case is just smooth plastic. Kind of feels like it may slide out of my hand. But overall it is a great case and looks good.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    How does this compare to the Seidio case? I currently have a Seidio case and one of the tabs just broke on it and am now considering this case.

I see one response saying it is slick and plastic? Is all of it slick or just part of it?

Also, I have the Seidio home dock, is the Otterbox case that much bigger than Seidio to the point that it will not fit into that dock?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I also received this case. Maybe I was hoping for too much and was disappointed. The Droid won't fit in the Motorola car or home dock with this Otter Box case on. The reason why I bought this case because I was hoping to cover the scratches on the bezel, but the case does not cover it. The second negative thing is that the case feels a little cheap, it doesn't feel like strong polycarbonate material, but it feels more like the Rubbermaid material, it's slippery and feels kind of light and cheap. The photos on Otter Box's PDF website actually makes the back cover look like it could be metal or high quality plastic, but it's not.

The positive would be that the rubberized buttons are a definite plus. Its easier to wake up the phone and sleep the phone with the case on. The headphone jack and charger port have plugs now which will keep dust from coming in the phone. Judging from the way the case is built and also much the case covers, it does seem to provide good protection. Basically if you want a case for protection, then this is for you. But if you want a case that will look good and feel expensive, you will be disappointed.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    we are interested in the MODEL
    nice pics.. how many days did you got since the day you purchased it?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by husker_fan View Post
    How does this compare to the Seidio case? I currently have a Seidio case and one of the tabs just broke on it and am now considering this case.

I see one response saying it is slick and plastic? Is all of it slick or just part of it?

Also, I have the Seidio home dock, is the Otterbox case that much bigger than Seidio to the point that it will not fit into that dock?

Contact Seidio and they'll hook you up with a replacement.

And this case by Otterbox looks like a Seidio knockoff
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by dpixel8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by husker_fan View Post

Contact Seidio and they'll hook you up with a replacement.

X2...they sent me a new one no questions asked!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dpixel8 View Post
    I'm interested in this Otterbox case specifically for the port cover features it has.

If you say it's a knock-off of a current Seidio case, then please point me to the Seidio case available with built-in port covers. I would love to check it out!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    OP, noticed the black camera button. Did you use a sharpie or paint it? The "gold" is flaking off of mind and I pretend that it doesn't bother me.

The case looks great. Does it seem like removing it and putting it back on will cause undue wear and tear on the phone?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Fit in Seidio Dock?

I'm with the guy a few posts ago wondering if it will fit in the Seido Dock. Someone reply back if they know, thanks!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links