DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Head Unit that works with the Droid

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Great Head Unit that works with the Droid

Hey everyone, just thought I'd post some info on this awesome head unit I just purchased. I wanted a cheap/good unit that would work with the droid so I started researching. I didn't really care about blue tooth, but wanted to be able to either connect via usb or aux port. Luckily I found a great Kenwood receiver that does both. Here is the link to the Kenwood KDC-MP345U.

I'm able to either mount my SD card and use the USB port (It shows the Artist/Album/Song/etc.) or just plug into the aux port. I use the OEM car dock with this set up as well. This is nothing fancy, I just know whenever I was first looking for a replacement stereo, I searched the forum and thought somebody else may do the same! Now if only the Kenwood could "push" me 2.1
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would make the guess that the sound quality when mounting and accessing the files directly is much better than using the aux-in option.

Of course this is assuming your speakers are able to exhibit the difference.

Am I right?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by baniels View Post
    I would make the guess that the sound quality when mounting and accessing the files directly is much better than using the aux-in option.

Of course this is assuming your speakers are able to exhibit the difference.

Am I right?
    There is a slight difference, less then I thought there would be. I don't have anything but stock speakers in my CX-7. I usually use the aux whenever I'm using the GPS or wanna listen to a podcast. If I'm USBin' it up, the stock Droid speaker is loud enough to use from the dock if I get a call. Although, you could already have the aux plugged in and switch source as soon as you get a call...haven't tried that yet.
    Last edited by etx_droid; 03-22-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Clarification
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    With the aux in you'll be able to stream Pandora or ESPNRadio ect from your phone to your HU
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    This is another good one:
    Amazon.com: Dual XHD7714 AM/FM/CD player and HD Radio Built-it iTunes Tagging: Electronics

I knwo it's a dual or whatever, but this thing is great for a droid. You can stream via bluetooth. You can even use the unit or remote to change tracks pause and play. So it pretty much fully integrates. You can mount the usb and play it that way. You can use a 2 way headphone jack and play it that way as well. It also has built in hd radio! I love this stereo with my droid. I can charge the droid while driving around listening to the playlists I want, or stream pandora.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    This is another good one:
    Amazon.com: Dual XHD7714 AM/FM/CD player and HD Radio Built-it iTunes Tagging: Electronics

I knwo it's a dual or whatever, but this thing is great for a droid. You can stream via bluetooth. You can even use the unit or remote to change tracks pause and play. So it pretty much fully integrates. You can mount the usb and play it that way. You can use a 2 way headphone jack and play it that way as well. It also has built in hd radio! I love this stereo with my droid. I can charge the droid while driving around listening to the playlists I want, or stream pandora.
    Looks like a good deal if you wanna use bluetooth! The Kenwood also charges while plugged in via USB and comes with a remote. Forgot to mention that...and when you are using USB you can change tracks, pause play, etc. Another cool thing it is you can put music on a flash drive or external HD and it will read that as well. But the Dual looks like another solid option! Thanks for the replies...
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Thanks for the info.. quick question though: what sound better for streaming music, aux in, usb or bluetooth? Thanks a lot.. I'm looking to upgrade my stock stereo.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ib2qwik2c View Post
    Thanks for the info.. quick question though: what sound better for streaming music, aux in, usb or bluetooth? Thanks a lot.. I'm looking to upgrade my stock stereo.
    Well aux in I think is last. BT and usb are pretty close. On my unit they sould a lot alik. the BT may just put out a little higher highs.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ib2qwik2c View Post
    Well aux in I think is last. BT and usb are pretty close. On my unit they sould a lot alik. the BT may just put out a little higher highs.
    Interesting.. kinda wasn't expecting that but it does make sense. Any other bt streaming decks out there? I'm really liking that dual
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I'd like to see some info on which is better, USB or bluetooth when it comes to sound quality. I'm not sold on bluetooth having better quality yet. Not saying you're wrong though. But yeah, aux is definitely last. USB sounds great IMO through the Kenwood.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links