DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: invisibleSHIELD - three months later

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

invisibleSHIELD - three months later

I have had my Droid for just about four months now. The day I bought it, I went to my local mall and had the kiosk guy put the invisibleSHIELD screen protector on it like I've done with all my other phones. A few weeks later, I took my cousin by to the same guy so he could get a screen protector on his and the guy offers to do the full body protection for $10. I agree.

The screen protector is doing great. No problems whatsoever. The full body protection is a little different. The tiny piece next to the power button came off, and the short piece to the left of the charging port moves around. When it was applied, you could not see the pieces at all. After a couple months of bouncing around in my pocket and so on, you can now see the edges on a few pieces. It almost looks like the pieces are outlined in a fine white line. A couple of the corners started to peel back where the two different pieces meet.

I'm not complaining or bashing the product. I love invisibleSHIELD. I'll buy a screen protector from them when I get my Nexus One. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my experience in case anyone was considering this purchase. I would still recommend them overall.

-Mike

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Storm (9530) IS GONE! DROID!
    I too had a great experience with InvisibleSHIELD. I got the screen protector only. It worked great, until I had to return my droid to Verizon for issues. I had it on there since November. (I returned my droid last week). I got the Seidio Screen protector. I LOVE THIS THING. It feels like the actual glass. And holds up GREAT. I put it on using windex and a credit card. It works awsome.

I loved the invisibleSHIELD, but I didn't like the stickiness when trying to flick the screen or pinch2zoom. That is why I would recommend Seidio.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdroid View Post
    I got the Seidio Screen protector.
    I have wanted to try other screen protectors, but I don't have the skill or patience to put them on. So, I'll stick with the invisibleSHIELD.

-Mike
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I messed up on the installation of two Invisible Shield screen protectors. The wasn't anyone in the area to put them on when you buy them. Over a year ago it worked out superb for my iPod touch and it's still on and doing great today. I also put on the screen protectors for my wifes env3 without a hitch.

Guess the droid just didn't like it.....

ANYWAYS, the real point I had (to actually stay on topic) is that I had put the rest of the body pieces on without a problem. Okay well almost all of them. I put on the following pieces:

- All back pieces (top thin strip above camera came off after a short time)
    - Trim pieces for the bezel surrounding the front screen (took them off when I got my Seidio Innocase so the front piece would fit)
    - Screen protector (I bought two because I suck at life and failed at getting both of them on right)

If you just RELAX and do it you'll be fine. I psyched myself out I think and ended up costing myself $30 -_-

I did just get an Seidio Innocase so I guess the protectors (other than the screen) aren't really needed now.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I had the same experience with my previous phone...the screen protector has been flawless, but all the other pieces systematically started to come off and eventually fall off.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Also had this on my iPhone. I loved it, was great. Considering it for my Droid
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the quick write-up. I've had the Ghost Armor full body on since I picked up my Droid and my experience is about the same. Like you, I'm still happy I did it, but I wish the "body parts" would hold up a little better. It's tough, though, considering the side parts are so thin; they're bound to move around a little. I had to trim the top of mine a bit for the car dock, and I peeled one of the shorter pieces off myself as well.
    The only "real" drawback to these full body shields, IMHO, is that I miss the soft Teflon feel, which is a really nitpicking thing.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've had my invisible shield since launch also, I had the zagg skin background which came off immediately because the colors were off and it went like crap. The screen itself has lasted ok, but a recent fall from my car dock left a giant scratch in the shield from hitting some rocks/salt on my floor mat.

I wonder what would have happened to my screen if I didnt have the protector =/
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojus View Post
    I've had my invisible shield since launch also, I had the zagg skin background which came off immediately because the colors were off and it went like crap. The screen itself has lasted ok, but a recent fall from my car dock left a giant scratch in the shield from hitting some rocks/salt on my floor mat.

I wonder what would have happened to my screen if I didnt have the protector =/
    Did it fall out of the OEM Car Dock? I just put on an Invisible shield on my Droid and just ordered the OEM Car Dock. How is the fit? Did its falling out have anything to do with having the invisible shield on?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I install the invisheild the day i bought my droid, wasn't ever really displeased but really did not think it was great. I put on a boxwave screen protector today and will never use an invisishield protector again. The boxwave is as smooth as glass where i always felt the invisishield had a plastic type feel.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links