DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: invisibleSHIELD - three months later

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzWeaver View Post
    I've also discovered that if you get lint or dust on the sticky side of the shield as you're applying it, just take a piece of clear tape and use it to remove the lint/dust. I had to learn the hard way by wasting two of the covers during my trial and error.
    Great tip! I ended up trashing one of mine while applying, too, because of dust. ARG.
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @crayzeejoe
    Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    I have used Best Skins Ever and Zagg InvisibleSHIELD but my most recent purchase was from Stealth Guard Protectors. I have to say that this is my best protector yet. Clear, smooth and definitely protects my Droid. For the price and the lifetime guarantee, I think this is definitely the best deal out there. I always get two just in case I screw up the application. Although, this was the easiest one to apply so far.
    Droid Owner, Christ Follower,

Crayzee Joe

"When your song go off, I feel I need to take a drug test!" - My Radio On Drugs by Thi'sl
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droiditized
    I'm considering taking my Droid out in the nude. I took off the hard case and i think i might just go screen protectorless as well...
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Ordered my Steinheil Crystal today. I will Install it and take pics and post a review comparing it to the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD. I should be getting the Crystal somtime within the end of the week.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Ok received and Installed my Steinheil Crystal today and here's my review:

Zagg InvisibleSHIELD - Was said to be one of the best screen protections available. To install you use a liquid and squeege it out. The Zagg blurred the screen a TINY bit and sorta gave it an orange peel look. The feel of it is kinda rubbery in a way and finger sticks to it alot more than the screen being naked. It is priced at $20 for ONE and people charge another $5-$10 to install. Rainbow marks did show up when oils from your finger got on it. Overall i was happy with it aside from the small little imperfections. Best part is it comes with a LIFETIME warranty.

Steinheil Crystal - Completely happy with this screen protector. No liquid involved in the install and easy to install at home using tips and tricks found on these forums. Highly recommended by alot of users is the reason i decided to try this screen protector out. Steinheil Crystal did not affect the vision of the screen at all and did not give an orange peel look to the screen. It feels almost like as if there is no screen protector on it at all. Finger slides nicely and doesnt stick much at all (unless your finger is damp). It is priced at $11 directly from SGPstore and comes with 2 screen protectors. No installation is available for this product (as far as i know) but it is easy enough to install yourself. NO rainbow marks show up with this protector and its easy to wipe fingerprints and smudges off. This by far is the best screen protector for Droid phones!

PS: No warranty with Steinheil Crystal but for the price and quality you wont need a warranty.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Nice review MiX.....mine arrived yesterday, but I am out of town on business now. I can't wait to get home to try it out.

Two questions.....did you go with the steamy bathroom install option? Is the film slightly smaller than the display as I have heard it is? I'm talking in millimeters, not something real noticeable. The reason I ask is the carbon fiber wrap on mine covers the lip around the display ever so slightly that forced me to shave a hair off the IS.

-Mike
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
    Nice review MiX.....mine arrived yesterday, but I am out of town on business now. I can't wait to get home to try it out.

Two questions.....did you go with the steamy bathroom install option? Is the film slightly smaller than the display as I have heard it is? I'm talking in millimeters, not something real noticeable. The reason I ask is the carbon fiber wrap on mine covers the lip around the display ever so slightly that forced me to shave a hair off the IS.

-Mike
    Yeah i did the steamy bathroom option and it worked out well. I didnt even get one speckle of dust under the protector and took all of about 5 mins to install perfectly. It is SLIGHTLY smaller than the display and im talking VERY SLIGHT. Awesome fit overall.
    Last edited by MiXoLoGiSt; 03-23-2010 at 10:39 PM.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    NO rainbow marks show up with this protector and its easy to wipe fingerprints and smudges off.
    I get rainbow marks all the time from finger grease. The Steinheil Crystal definitely picks up finger grease, makeup, etc easily but it does clean easily. I still prefer it though. YMMV, of course.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    I get rainbow marks all the time from finger grease.
    Then don't be using your Droid while eating Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!

-Mike
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Steinheil Crystal - Completely happy with this screen protector. No liquid involved in the install and easy to install at home using tips and tricks found on these forums. Highly recommended by alot of users is the reason i decided to try this screen protector out. Steinheil Crystal did not affect the vision of the screen at all and did not give an orange peel look to the screen. It feels almost like as if there is no screen protector on it at all. Finger slides nicely and doesnt stick much at all (unless your finger is damp). It is priced at $11 directly from SGPstore and comes with 2 screen protectors. No installation is available for this product (as far as i know) but it is easy enough to install yourself. NO rainbow marks show up with this protector and its easy to wipe fingerprints and smudges off. This by far is the best screen protector for Droid phones!
    Brave enough to try a scratch/gouge test? With IS, if you dig your finger nail into it, it will only leave a temporary mark that later smooths out. This is not true for all of these types of protectors out there. I had a PhantomSkinz and it would get permanent marks from just minor scratches (see here).
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links