DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: invisibleSHIELD - three months later

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoff125 View Post
    I've had the phone since november, no case, no protector, and I don't treat my phone well, NO SCRATCHES, the protectors / cases are just a waste of money and typically ruin functionality, at least cases do, the screen protectors really don't do much on the already amazing gorilla glass.
    I would have to agree with this statement. I've had my Droid for about 3 months now and I don't have the screen protector or case on my phone. I saw a video on Youtube that showed a guy trying to scratch the screen of his phone with his keys and it did not scratch. I took my chance and I'm glad I saved the money and I've used that savings to purchase an app or two on the Market.

I do get finger smudges on the screen, but I just wipe it off with my shirt or wipe it on my pant legs to clean. I've heard some reviews that the protectors also smudge at times, so I don't see the benefit for this either.

YouTube Link:
    Last edited by maugwa; 03-19-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added youtube link
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Ive had invisibleSHIELD screen protector since i got my phone and im happy but like all others have said the rubbery feel can get to be a pain in the butt sometimes. Especially if you have SlideIT or Swype for texting. I eventually will be trying out others and see how they compare but from what ive heard companies cant compare to invisibleSHIELD's military grade durability.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    .....I eventually will be trying out others.
    Same here. I ordered the Steinheil Crystal today just to see what it is like.

-Mike
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid.
    Hmm looking to order a Steinheil Crystal. No Zagg for me, I can't go fullbody and Bestbuy wants $35 for it and installation ($5 to order it in bulk from Zagg and resell +$5 to install). I might just go SGP Full Shield because it has the Crystal and costs $25, but I need a review on installing etc.
    Serious Droid fanboy against all iPhones.
    Droid Does... iDon't?
    Droid owner since... March

Droid OCed to 1.3 GHz With JIT enabled - 15.9 MFLOPS in Linpack.
    Cynogenmod 5.0.5.7 & Bekit 1.2 GHz Low Voltage (Thanks!)
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by demon69120 View Post
    Hmm looking to order a Steinheil Crystal. No Zagg for me, I can't go fullbody and Bestbuy wants $35 for it and installation ($5 to order it in bulk from Zagg and resell +$5 to install). I might just go SGP Full Shield because it has the Crystal and costs $25, but I need a review on installing etc.
    If $25 is too much, look at BestSkinsEver which is less than $10 shipped and pretty much the same as Zagg without all the fancy packaging. Otherwise BodyGuardz is $25 for 2 full body sets. There are ton's of alternatives out there.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by switchblade5984 View Post
    the invisishield has a warranty... why dont you have them fix it?
    It will just do the same thing again. It really isn't a big deal for me since I only paid $10 for it all, including installation. You are right about the warranty, and the guy at my kiosk is very cool about honoring it.

I wasn't complaining, just letting people know who may be thinking of a full body skin like this one.

-Mike
    I got one today at BestBuy for $20.00 and $7.00 dollars for them to install it, total $30.01 with tax. As of now it still has the rainbow/moray effect, but they said this would disappear after 24 hours. I'm still deciding if the $30 was worth it.

Also I notice several little lint/debris particles under the shield, which is starting to bother me. I was using the plastic shields you get at Verizon, but I wasted two of them (my last two) trying to figure out the best way to put them on. So that's when I went with the IS.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by maugwa View Post
    I've had the phone since november, no case, no protector, and I don't treat my phone well, NO SCRATCHES, the protectors / cases are just a waste of money and typically ruin functionality, at least cases do, the screen protectors really don't do much on the already amazing gorilla glass.
    I would have to agree with this statement. I've had my Droid for about 3 months now and I don't have the screen protector or case on my phone. I saw a video on Youtube that showed a guy trying to scratch the screen of his phone with his keys and it did not scratch. I took my chance and I'm glad I saved the money and I've used that savings to purchase an app or two on the Market.

I do get finger smudges on the screen, but I just wipe it off with my shirt or wipe it on my pant legs to clean. I've heard some reviews that the protectors also smudge at times, so I don't see the benefit for this either.

YouTube Link:
    Not only does the plastic smudge, it also gets scratched, which is what happened with my plastic cover I got from Verizon. If I don't like the IS I got today I may see if I can get refunded and just go with the glass.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by maugwa View Post

YouTube Link:
    Brass (what keys are made of) doesn't scratch glass. ANY glass. There are plenty of pictures and videos of people who've gotten scratches on their Droid screens.
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    I will be ordering the Steinheil Crystal to test it out tomorrow. Hoping to have it wednesday or thursday and i will tell you all how it compares to the Zagg invisibleSHIELD.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I got a refund form Best Buy on my InvisibleShield ($31.00, $7.00 was for them applying it). While I was there a guy with an iPhone was returning his InvisibleShield too. My issue was the solution they use (water is suggested on the instructions) caused the Moray/Rainbow effect that never dried (even after the recommended 24 hours). If they could put it on dry, perhaps it would have worked better.

I'm guessing that since the Shield is put on air tight the solution they spray on the screen then squeegee it off just doesn't have the ability to dry because its air tight. I ended up buying the plastic covers from Verizon and applied those. It takes a little finesse to apply the plastic. I used the little plastic credit card sized tool I got form the InvisibleShield to apply the plastic.

I've also discovered that if you get lint or dust on the sticky side of the shield as you're applying it, just take a piece of clear tape and use it to remove the lint/dust. I had to learn the hard way by wasting two of the covers during my trial and error.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links