DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my Mikradle

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thumbs up Just got my Mikradle

I read the comparison done on the 3 docks - interesting. I just got the Mikradle and I really like it. I understand he is bringing a new model in the spring that is more streamlined, but I do like this one with the curved sides. I can leave the body glove on my Droid and charge it while it's in the Mikradle. Just out of curiosity, how does the magnet turn my Droid into a digital clock while in the Mikradle? Thanks, Cuskit!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid A855 Bone Stock
    Another +1 for cuskit always good to hear
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM View Post
    I read the comparison done on the 3 docks - interesting. I just got the Mikradle and I really like it. I understand he is bringing a new model in the spring that is more streamlined, but I do like this one with the curved sides. I can leave the body glove on my Droid and charge it while it's in the Mikradle. Just out of curiosity, how does the magnet turn my Droid into a digital clock while in the Mikradle? Thanks, Cuskit!
    I really don't know the technical answer to that. It's just something that Motorola built into the phone. Sorry I can't answer that more specifically - perhaps some of the tech savvy guys out here? Seeing as I install these magnets - perhaps I should study up on it so that I can give you a more educated answer. I'll do that and get back to you should nobody else chime in here. I do know that turning the magnet around induces the car mode as opposed to the multimedia mode (the one you see with the clock). For this reason, I check the polarity on every magnet right before installing the magnet with adhesive. Then I double check it again by placing my Droid on it after it's glued in. I'd hate to have you call me up and tell me the car mode was coming up instead of the multimedia! See the attached photo for some magnets being clamped in place.

Click on photo for enlarged view
    Just got my Mikradle-magnet.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! mike
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question

Thanks for your reply, Cuskit. By the way, when did the "free giveaway" of the 6' gold plated cable begin? I just had 2 Mikradles delivered a few days ago and wondered if I qualified, and it was just an oversight. Please let me know - I would appreciate it.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks for your reply, Cuskit. By the way, when did the "free giveaway" of the 6' gold plated cable begin? I just had 2 MIKRADLES delivered a few days ago and wondered if I qualified, and it was just an oversight. Please let me know - I would appreciate it.
    No oversight! This FREE cable offer just began two days ago. All MIKRADLE purchases after 10:15 am, EST, Tuesday, February 23 qualify as per my announcement at that time. So, your order was probably placed about a week to 10 days prior to this. If you would - please either PM or email me, okay? Thanks - mike
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Okay, I understand - oh well. I think the Mikradle is worth the Droid owner's consideration for a dock (especially if you have some type of case or cover that won't fit into others). It's a simple, yet functional dock. Thanks again, Cuskit, for bringing it to us.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Okay, I understand - oh well. I think the Mikradle is worth the Droid owner's consideration for a dock (especially if you have some type of case or cover that won't fit into others). It's a simple, yet functional dock. Thanks again, Cuskit, for bringing it to us.
    Thanks for those kind words!

I sent you a PM... mike
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    the droid has a magnetometer in it. its just one of many sensors that motorola installed in this phone (blackberry has them too for holstered mode) to do various..whatevers. its basically just a sensor that trips when the right kind/strength magnet is close enough.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    the droid has a magnetometer in it. its just one of many sensors that motorola installed in this phone (blackberry has them too for holstered mode) to do various..whatevers. its basically just a sensor that trips when the right kind/strength magnet is close enough.
    Sam - thanks for that! I just knew somebody here knew something about that! I googled the word and found some very technical descriptions here Magnetometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Magnetometer. Hmmm. You think there's a way to install one on the wife?

mikey
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks Sam for your info. I did go to the site cuskit recommended in the above reply and went to the mobile phone section - wow a lot of interesting read there. All this tech stuff is just amazing. I have learned so much since I got my Droid. Like I said before, can't beat this "Forum" for the information you need/want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links