DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Glove Case

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Body Glove Case

I am getting my droid in 2 days, I was looking to get the Body Glove case for it (I prefer a hip case pouch but I drop my phone a lot). I read in a few threads that the body glove case can scratch the phone. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thanks!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I read about the issues too but I wanted something asap because my last phone was scratched just from keys in my purse. I liked the bodyglove better than the hard cases that Verizon carries. I was careful snapping it on and really don't see where it would have damaged anything. I also read that it blocks the back row of keys but mine has a short edge along the keyboard side so it isn't close to the keys. The slide-out also works just fine and the whole thing feels so much safer with the wrap. I like it. I also put on VZs screen protector and think that was not as successful but I'll leave it on for now. This screen is really hard to damage and the film still gets smudgy so it doesn't help with the cleaning problem.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    With the heat that this phone can generate, I wonder about the impact of keeping it in some of these cases. As I like to carry it in my pocket, I will likely go with some sort of sleeve.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosedith View Post
    I read about the issues too but I wanted something asap because my last phone was scratched just from keys in my purse. I liked the bodyglove better than the hard cases that Verizon carries. I was careful snapping it on and really don't see where it would have damaged anything. I also read that it blocks the back row of keys but mine has a short edge along the keyboard side so it isn't close to the keys. The slide-out also works just fine and the whole thing feels so much safer with the wrap. I like it. I also put on VZs screen protector and think that was not as successful but I'll leave it on for now. This screen is really hard to damage and the film still gets smudgy so it doesn't help with the cleaning problem.
    I have noticed that the screen gets smudgy but so does the glass, that's why i kept mine on, just touching the glass i had oil from my hands show up on it, so i took a protector out immediately and put it on. (I know i didn't have to, but I just like having them on there)
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    I have the Body Glove and I have no problems with it. It may add a little bit of bulk and weight, but the protection seems to be worth it. My fingers do bump a bit on the top row of keys, but for me it's no big deal. I'm also not too fond of the keyboard, and have found the screen keyboard easier in most cases.

I've taken the case on and off a few times, and don't see any scratches to the body. Besides, once the Body Glove is on, you really have no reason to be taking it on and off unless always pulling out your battery or SD card.

Fits nicely on my hip too.

I wasn't sure what I wanted, but my Verizon store was very helpfull and let me try each option they had to help with my decision. I'm very happy with it.

I also have the Verizon screen protector on it. I used all 3 to get it right and without dust. Failed on all 3 attempts so the last one stayed on as is. Very much a finger print magnet. Ghost Armour just arrived today, so that is going on next.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    I should also point out the the Body Glove is 2 pieces. If the top piece is a problem for you when typing, you can always just leave it off. The rest of the phone will still be protected and it will still be able to hook onto your belt. Plus it helps keep your battery door on!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID...Finally!!
    Quote Originally Posted by soyboy View Post
    With the heat that this phone can generate, I wonder about the impact of keeping it in some of these cases. As I like to carry it in my pocket, I will likely go with some sort of sleeve.
    yeah, imo the droid shouldn't be on a thick case like that.. it needs to dissipate its heat..
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I too have the body glove and am having no problems.....
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    have the body glove case, no problems no noticeable heat build up.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I have the body glove and don't like it at all. The top piece is too weak and flimsy for my taste. When opening and closing the keypad, the case moves over the screen. It feels real cheap. I'm taking it back and getting another media dock!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links