DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Grr at invisable shield

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!

Grr at invisable shield

Just tried to install zagg invisible shield on my droid, the cut out for the speaker wasnt totatlly cut so when I tried to remove it it tore the shield, very frustrating. I understand about gorilla glass and yadda yadda, I just like the feel of the invisible shield, and now i cant have it for now, bit frustrating
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Have you checked to see if they'll replace it since it's a manufacturing defect?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Have you checked to see if they'll replace it since it's a manufacturing defect?
    sent an email, the website was going to give me a warranty no problem, but i'm not feeling like paying the shipping. I know its 3.95, but its the principle, I have done tint on cars, and tons of screen protectors, so i know what i'm doing, it was just what you said, a manuracturing defect.
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Just a few tips, I've learned from my third install...
    Cut about a quarter of cm from the bottom, this will give you a little play so you don't get the screen on the lip, causing lint to get under leading to folds over a few weeks.
    Use the solution to wet both sides, went its wet and good....put more.
    Clean your screen really well, then run your shower on hot water with the door closed till it gets extremely steamy, go in and then do the install. The steam keeps the dust from getting under the protector. You said you've done tint so I won't go into bubble control. Start the lineup of the protector from the top, which is why I said cut that little bit from the botton.
    Finally, you only get maybe two, three if lucky...chances to lay the screen, any more and it will get dry, you'll get fingerprints on the sticky part.
    You may know this already, if so hope it helpsn someone else. I had to buy three to get it right. Fyi, after a few days of use, the feel will not be as stickly, and you won't even know its on.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had a heck of a time this afternoon installing it. It looks awful, makes me phone look like crap. I wish I never would have bought it! The toll free number said they would replace it one time for shipping cost but they usually don't exchange unless its damaged by something other than the customer putting it on!

Links