DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Sleeve/Pouch for droid?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    I use this Sena Ultra thin case.

Very nice soft leather, adds minimal amount to the overall size of your Droid, but does give it some protection.

It'll protect it in your pocket/purse from getting scratched from loose change, keys, etc. It'll also give the Droid some protection from a fall, but not as much as other cases, I'd imagine.

However, I like to carry my Droid in my pants pocket, don't want a belt clip, and want to keep it as slim and lightweight as possible.

Not the cheapest solution, but it is very elegant! Droid fits in tight, in fact, the case loosens up after a few days, because when you first get the case, the Droid is a VERY tight fit!

$30 from Sena.

2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    CAMO!!! I love it. Only question, is the droid loose at all in the case or does it feel like the droid is the perfect fit? I'd rather have it on the tight side than loose.
    I have the same Case Logic pouch in black. The Droid is a good fit, neither too loose or tight IMO. It adds a good amount of protection with the padding, but it also adds a significant amount of bulk. I only use it when traveling.

I had the Waterfield suede jacket. I access my phone a lot throughout the day, and I didn't find it practical to have to constantly slide the phone in and out of the sleeve. It was also an annoyance to keep track of the sleeve when I had the phone out (I misplaced the jacket several times).
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by karmastorm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    CAMO!!! I love it. Only question, is the droid loose at all in the case or does it feel like the droid is the perfect fit? I'd rather have it on the tight side than loose.
    I have the same Case Logic pouch in black. The Droid is a good fit, neither too loose or tight IMO. It adds a good amount of protection with the padding, but it also adds a significant amount of bulk. I only use it when traveling.

I had the Waterfield suede jacket. I access my phone a lot throughout the day, and I didn't find it practical to have to constantly slide the phone in and out of the sleeve. It was also an annoyance to keep track of the sleeve when I had the phone out (I misplaced the jacket several times).

Here are a couple of photos. If you look carefully, you can kind of see what karmastorm is saying. It's not tight by an stretch of the imagination, but it isn't loose as heck either. IMO, it is the perfect fit...easy to slide in and out. The padding is nice and it is a little bulky.

I hate belt clip cases because they are always getting pushed around when I sit in a chair with arms, etc. With the big caribiner, it allows the pouch/phone swing out of the way of things and it's easy to hook/unhook. I also like the padding.

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Sleeve/Pouch for droid?-100_2273.jpg   Best Sleeve/Pouch for droid?-100_2275.jpg   Best Sleeve/Pouch for droid?-100_2276.jpg  
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod Bionic
    I second the SFbags suede sleeve. I bought two from them and they work great. It fit snug and the suede clings to the screen, plus it acts a screen cleaner when you pull the phone out.

Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks all!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I second the Sena Pouch its by far the best, I have been using for a month without any problems or show of wear.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay801 View Post
    I second the SFbags suede sleeve. I bought two from them and they work great. It fit snug and the suede clings to the screen, plus it acts a screen cleaner when you pull the phone out.

Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket
    I've noted this on other threads about the Waterfield jacket. But it won't hurt to repeat it. If you have a case, e.g. Innocase from Seidio, on your phone, the suede jacket simply will not fit. It's too tight and though it stretches a bit, it won't stretch enough to make it usable.

However, you can contact Waterfield and ask them to make a larger suede jacket. Not sure if there's an additional charge, but they're great folks and will work with you to make a slightly larger jacket that will fit an encased Droid. Just give them the measurements and they'll do a great job.

BTW, Waterfield also makes an iPhone "gear case" that's a great solution for those who want to carry the Droid and some accessories like an extra battery, earbuds, etc.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I would recommend Moshi's iPouch. A very nice product, might be what your looking for. It certainly looks better than the alternatives listed here...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am a Football/Basketball/Golf coach at a High School and so my phone is always getting put in a bag or whatever so I use a different case.

It's really a Hoodie Camera Case. The back and sides are made of a semi-rigid EVA which gives it good protection. I really like it, even though it is a bit larger profile than some of the cases designed for the Droid.

The Neoprene style fabric resists the water and has saved the Droid from liquid death a few times at a restaraunt when a glass was spilled by a clumsy player or my young boy.

Here is a link. Hoodie Camera Case Small | BUILT
  10. a73
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I got one of these from ebay: OEM G1 T-MOBILE GOOGLE HTC PHONE POUCH SLEEVE SKIN CASE - eBay (item 130359338759 end time Feb-14-10 14:51:59 PST)

it's designed for the Tmobile G1, but works fine for the Droid. It's cloth, and pretty much no frills, but has a thin profile, is cheap and works. Might be similar to what you are looking for... good luck!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links