DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xentris Droid Case: First Look

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

Xentris Droid Case: First Look

First off I apologize for the unprofessional pics but everyone will at least get an idea of what the case looks like.

First off, it's your standard black plastic case. Which I do prefer so I'm happy about that. I bought the case at Best Buy for $19.99 and this was the only color and case available. I wanted to get something asap because I know it may be 2-3 weeks before we start seeing some really nice cases.

When you actually see the case you will see that the device isn't really all that large. I think once we all get our hands on the Droid it will actually feel really good in hand.

Interesting to note the 2 pieces will not snap together. They will rather snap onto the device so the slide out is very protected. The designers could have left a huge cutout if the pieces snapped together leaving the whole side exposed but thankfully they didn't.

You can see in the profile pic, in the background, that on the side where the keyboard slides out the case runs the entire length for added protection. You can also see in the foreground that they left large openings for the volume rocker and camera key.

All in all it seems to be a good case. I will report back once I get it secured onto the device next friday. Which by the way will not come fast enough : )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xentris Droid Case: First Look-xentris.jpg   Xentris Droid Case: First Look-xentris-back.jpg   Xentris Droid Case: First Look-xentris-profile.jpg   Xentris Droid Case: First Look-xentris-front.jpg  

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Did you get this at Best Buy today? I was there yesterday hoping to find a case (and possibly the Car and Desk docks), but didn't see anything. I definitely want some sort of protection on hand before I pick mine up on Friday. Did you happen to see any screen protectors? Thanks for the pictures!
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    yes picked it up today. I didnt notice any screen protectors
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Good find Cereal! I am not a huge fan of it, but it's not ugly at all. Of course as you mentioned more stuff will be out in a week no doubt, so this would be something to get me by until then. A screen protector is a #1 must for me personally. An Invisable Shield for the Droid would be perfect!

I am sure BB and Verizon Wireless stores will have more options come Friday.
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    yeah it's not bad Haut....I should mention thats a little clear rubber band holding it together lol.

Hopefully people realize that.

Be funny if they were thinking wtf is that crossbar going across the entire screen
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Naut Human View Post
    Good find Cereal! I am not a huge fan of it, but it's not ugly at all. Of course as you mentioned more stuff will be out in a week no doubt, so this would be something to get me by until then. A screen protector is a #1 must for me personally. An Invisable Shield for the Droid would be perfect!

I am sure BB and Verizon Wireless stores will have more options come Friday.

I emailed Invisible Shield earlier tonight to ask if and when they would offer a protector for the Droid. Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm hoping Seidio gets on the ball quickly with their products. I've been a big fan of their cases, etc... By the way I got to check out the above case @ BB and the store reps said more products should be out this week!
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Yeah with new phones companies tend to like to release their products the week of, if not the day before / of the phone's release. When I got one of my phones, the rep said the accessories i got for it had just arrived the day prior.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Jhank, let me/us know if you hear anything back from Invisible Shield. You beat me to the punch on the email.
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Nice find! Only 4 Day to launch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links