DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: droid to tv input cable?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I just tried TwonkyServer. It is a pretty Cool App.

TwonkyMedia Digital Home Forum • View topic - TwonkyServer Mobile is now available to all Android users!

It does NOT stream video from your Droid.

It DOES make the Droid a Network Sharing Device, and makes all of your Droid Media (Music, Pictures, Video) available to other Sharing devices on your network, such as Computers, PS3, XBox360, and even some newer TV's that have Media Sharing capability built in.

...and it works over Wi-Fi.

While it does NOT meet the specific requirements of the OP (to stream video to a TV over an attached cable), it is a pretty cool way to access all of your Droid Media from other Network Devices over a Wi-Fi connection.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by vegainey View Post

TwonkyMedia Digital Home Forum • View topic - TwonkyServer Mobile is now available to all Android users!

It DOES make the Droid a Network Sharing Device, and makes all of your Droid Media (Music, Pictures, Video) available to other Sharing devices on your network, such as Computers, PS3, XBox360, and even some newer TV's that have Media Sharing capability built in.

While it does NOT meet the specific requirements of the OP (to stream video to a TV over an attached cable), it is a pretty cool way to access all of your Droid Media from other Network Devices over a Wi-Fi connection.
    I'm not 100% sure if this is true but I heard that if u go in to Windows Media Center in the xbox you can watch the movies from ur phone I still haven't gotten around to try it yet so.... let me know if u can if u try it
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjariel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegainey View Post

I'm not 100% sure if this is true but I heard that if u go in to Windows Media Center in the xbox you can watch the movies from ur phone I still haven't gotten around to try it yet so.... let me know if u can if u try it
    Yes. just tested that theory. I used the Demo version of DVD Catalyst 3 to convert part of a DVD to a Movie File, and copied it to my Droid. Then, I started TwonkyServer Mobile on the Troid with Wi-Fi active, and Media Center on my Xbox360.

I was able to see and play the Movie without any problems. Obviously, video quality wasn't the best, but it was watchable.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links