DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What's a good Bluetooth Car Stereo?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    check out crutchfield.com
    they will help you the right stereo that will fit your car and most of it includes a kit for you car as well. they will also help you install it into your car
    dont forget to like !
    the cake is a lie
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Interesting development... one of my local car stereo companies is now advertising an 'Android ready' car stereo from Kenwood.
    Here's an article about them: Kenwood Launches Android Ready Car Radios | ceoutlook.com
    And another: Kenwood Expands Android, App Control in Car Radios | ceoutlook.com

Basically it sounds like Kenwood is starting to recognize Android, which means they're building in the USB Mass Storage functionality into their stereos and getting more in depth music control (like Pandora). Unfortunately, UMS won't work on a new phone like the Galaxy Nexus, so this may not be a viable option.
  3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    That and Kenwood doesn't hold a candle to Alpine...and I sell both brands.

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Samsung S3
    i ordered the Alpine 133bt yesterday from Crutchfield. They are popular and on back order. Also ordered the modular amp.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    That and Kenwood doesn't hold a candle to Alpine...and I sell both brands.

I disagree with you on that. While Alpine has good products, so does Kenwood. I have run both Kenwood and Alpine in several vehicles and I prefer Kenwood unless you are talking about Alpine PDX Amps and Type R subs. The Excelon head units are great and Alpine headunits can be very touchy if you decide to use your phone as a USB drive.

X
    -Brad
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    I disagree with you on that. While Alpine has good products, so does Kenwood. I have run both Kenwood and Alpine in several vehicles and I prefer Kenwood unless you are talking about Alpine PDX Amps and Type R subs. The Excelon head units are great and Alpine headunits can be very touchy if you decide to use your phone as a USB drive.

X
    Nope, I mean as far as audio output, ease of use, and reliablity. Kenwood isn't bad by any means but still falls into "feature for the dollar" while Alpine is still considered high end...being that they invented high-end car stereo to begin with.

"If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    What about JVC?

There's now a JVC KD-X50-BT stereo. You lose having a CD player, but it's described as being fully capable Bluetooth-wise with an Android phone for audio streaming, control, and Pandora. It also has a front USB jack (that provides up to an amp, so it can charge your phone too) and an auxiliary input. They also provide a microphone so you can do hands-free voice conversations.

JVC KD-X50BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I love Crutchfield, very helpful and their applet that lets you narrow down what will fit your vehicle and what options you're looking for works very well. My MAXX connects to my new JVC every time. The only thing I don't like is that the radio controls don't work as well as I had hoped for Slacker, it does work well for Pandora. I'm moving to iheartradio, hopefully the controls will work for that app.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Moto RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioDroid View Post
    What about JVC?

There's now a JVC KD-X50-BT stereo. You lose having a CD player, but it's described as being fully capable Bluetooth-wise with an Android phone for audio streaming, control, and Pandora. It also has a front USB jack (that provides up to an amp, so it can charge your phone too) and an auxiliary input. They also provide a microphone so you can do hands-free voice conversations.

JVC KD-X50BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com
    The factory headunit in my company vehicle started having some issues in January. I went looking for a BT HU and ended up buying the KDX50BT. It's considered a mechless deck, as it's made for digital media, and has no moving parts. It connects quickly and streams MP3 audio just fine. The hands free functions are easy to use, and I rarely hear complaints about call quality. When I do it's because I have an open window.

The only complaint I have is that's it's a little underpowered. I put a new pair of infinity door speakers in along with the HU, and they definitely need an amp to drive them.

This is no high end HU by any means, but it adds a lot of convenience for a small amount of cash.

From RAZR MAXX
    Last edited by William_04_x; 04-05-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Droid DOES!! likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I bought the Pioneer DEH-P9400BH for about $200 for my truck. Its a sweet radio. It connects to my RAZR through Bluetooth and can stream Pandora through it, and make phone calls.

I'm totally happy with it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links