DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Depth REVIEW...VZN Wireless Snap-On Cover & Mount Combo PLUS Car Dock MOD!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MAzing87 View Post
    Must be a tough crowd or maybe not too many people like to mount cell phones to their cars, or they don't have cars.
    But your thread was very helpful. I may consider mounting my droid in my car.
    Cool, man. Anything to help out us members is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by SikhDroid View Post
    is there a reason this is not available on the vzw.com website, and i'm a little confused. they sell a cardock with a span on hard cover that doesn't automatically go into cardock mode? what's the point of selling a dock that doesn't use this functionality out of the box. i apologize if i sound thickheaded right now, i just bought the regular car dock that is available online and this seems like a great solution the PITA of takeing your case off everytime u get in the car, but if i understand correctly the combo that u have in the very first picture is the same type of car dock without the magnet and automatic car dock function? i haven't seen this product at any vzw store or online nor do any vendors have it, i know this because i am a verizon authorized retailer and this is the first i've ever seen this box let alone the product.
    I'm not sure, but I have seen VZN roll out products in stelp relative to their demographic. I have no idea why this set does not come with a magnet....The instructions say to hit the steering wheel icon for car dock mode-which is kind of funny. This mod I did is so easy, and cheap I felt it wasn't a big deal to do it, hence the purchase, but I do understand people want this right out of the box. This car dock is much different that the motorola snap in design...

Here is the UPC: 6----01290--43660------1

Quote Originally Posted by Flomaster View Post
    I like the idea, however I am not sure if I like that button style clip holster dealio.
    I have the 2 peice verizon case / holster and my phone slides in screen first so there is NO chance I can bump into some thing and scratch my screen
    -=Jason=-
    I don't like the DDC either that sticks out...but since I have a leather case
    and it fits...I can live with it... I may try and make a magnet mount...since there is
    that 3/8's of clearance under the case (between the case and Droid) I could put one there, and one on the plastic piece....It should work.

As far as my screen being scratched the leather holster protects it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    GNEX
    Great review. Thanks for the time you put into this review. I still have not gotten a case and will take a look at this one now.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've actually got the same Droid Snap-On Hard Cover & Mount Combo kit and I have two complaints:

-First, when it's attached to my belt, it sticks out way too far with the screen sticking out, meaning it tends to get bumped when I'm doing something as simple as walking through a door way or walking around a tight corner.

-Second, the hard cover has a thin layer of plastic or tape over it that scratches very easily. I got my first scratch just sitting down in my car and it bumping up against the seat belt latch. Now with random nicks here and there, the whole cover looks like a snake shedding its skin.

Aside from that, it's a pretty good kit for a pretty good price and it does, in fact, protect the phone very well, just wish the case had a better outer layer so it didn't look so bad.

The car mount is nice, but unfortunately the way my car is it kind of gets in the way no matter where I suction it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by arty2hottie View Post
    Great review. Thanks for the time you put into this review. I still have not gotten a case and will take a look at this one now.
    Cool bro, right on.
    As long as you're happy, then that's all that really matters

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowtheDragon View Post
    -First, when it's attached to my belt, it sticks out way too far with the screen sticking out, meaning it tends to get bumped when I'm doing something as simple as walking through a door way or walking around a tight corner.
    Yeah, I can see that. I don't use the belt clip at all, and the leather pouch I use protects everything perfectly.

-Second, the hard cover has a thin layer of plastic or tape over it that scratches very easily. I got my first scratch just sitting down in my car and it bumping up against the seat belt latch. Now with random nicks here and there, the whole cover looks like a snake shedding its skin.
    I haven't noticed any scratches, but if I did have a belt clip...I wouldn't wear it while
    sitting in the car, I've broken/scratched many cases this way...

Aside from that, it's a pretty good kit for a pretty good price and it does, in fact, protect the phone very well, just wish the case had a better outer layer so it didn't look so bad.
    The car mount is nice, but unfortunately the way my car is it kind of gets in the way no matter where I suction it.
    Yeah, this case fits great and covers the droid but I wouldn't know of it ruggedness simply because I baby the case, haha.

My car is also a PITA because the windshield is very far away, and the dash comes out about 18inches, so I have to lean forward to touch the screen.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I like this case a lot, i hope there is a technique to take off the back part with ease. so i can use it with the multimedia station. Well better designed than the original mount first released
    Previous Droids: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Eris, Droid R2D2, Galaxy Nexus
    Current: BIONIC
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyBreak View Post
    I like this case a lot, i hope there is a technique to take off the back part with ease. so i can use it with the multimedia station. Well better designed than the original mount first released

Yeah, I'm getting one of those, so I wonder...
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Just bought the case this afternoon after reading it here . I have the Verizon holster and really liked the fact that the screen was hidden. The new case is nice but I might invest in a better screen protector than the one i got from Verizon. I mounted the dock under the mirror and it looks great. I think I`ll try the mag trick later on. Thanks for the review.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. I don't dock yet but, when I do, this will come in handy. Thanks again.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Will the car dock hold the droid without the case? I have no use for the case at all and would never use it. I don't want to have it on just to put it into a mount every time I get into my car.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by andy44512 View Post
    Just bought the case this afternoon after reading it here . I have the Verizon holster and really liked the fact that the screen was hidden. The new case is nice but I might invest in a better screen protector than the one i got from Verizon. I mounted the dock under the mirror and it looks great. I think I`ll try the mag trick later on. Thanks for the review.
    Right on, Andy, you're welcome
    I still don't have a screen protector, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick177th View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. I don't dock yet but, when I do, this will come in handy. Thanks again.
    Hey Nick, no problem! I hope you try it out, because the magnet fix and
    ease of use has made GPS navigation easy as pie in my car....

Quote Originally Posted by m3kilpat View Post
    Will the car dock hold the droid without the case? I have no use for the case at all and would never use it. I don't want to have it on just to put it into a mount every time I get into my car.
    No...It's in the review, buddy!
    See the negatives...unfortunately the way the Droid "docks"
    is due to the piece that connect to the case...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links