DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seidio Slim Extended Battery

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Seidio Slim Extended Battery

Seidio has officially announced they're coming out with a slim extended battery. The new battery will be added to their current lineup of 1350 mAh and 2600 mAh offerings. No pictures, pricing, release date or rated capacity yet, but they have posted the following in their product description:

"This Innocell Extended Life Battery is designed for the customer who needs extra life, but doesn't want to add any thickness to their device. This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery."

Link
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm interested already
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID
    they need to kill the 2600 mah fat battery and make this one 2000+mah.

blows my mind how they think the fat battery was an acceptable product to market.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by ib2qwik2c View Post

blows my mind how they think the fat battery was an acceptable product to market.
    Personally I think you should be grateful that at least one company is willing to go out and put time and effort into research and development into a new product (especially batteries) for our phone. The larger extended battery is not something everyone wants or needs, but for some it's very useful and the bulkiness isn't anything worse than we've dealt with before... remember 80's phones hooked to handbag car batteries lol?. Besides if having a slightly thicker phone bothers you then just go buy a second normal battery and keep it with you.

I was scared at first because when their first slim replacement battery showed up at a smaller mah I thought that was it, but I'm glad to see that the slim extended version is still on it's way. That is one battery I would def look forward too and if I had to buy the fat battery in the meantime.... I mean at least they are trying, I haven't seen any higher capacity slim batteries coming out from any other company ... *cough* motorola *cough*
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue

I doubt that it's possible to get 2000 mAh in the standard size battery. I think they are shooting for 1750 mAh at best.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post

I doubt that it's possible to get 2000 mAh in the standard size battery. I think they are shooting for 1750 mAh at best.
    I agree, somewhere in the 1600-1800 would be quite a nice little boost in how much we can get out of our phones in a day. couple that with some of this on the fly over/under clock on the fly that some of the new roms keep talking about with things like setcpu and we may have our phones lasting a lot longer then they do now.

Personally I'm surprised how long our phones last to begin with considering A - how powerful this phone is and B- how slim the phone and battery actually are. It's amazing what they've pulled off with this phone.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    I personally won't buy another Innocase battery last one I got lasted a whole two months... know several other people with similar results. Combined with all the problems they're having with the Innocases for the Droid and I think I'll pass on anymore of their overpriced products.
  8. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
    That wouldn't be too bad, I could certainly live with that.
    Last edited by aaf709; 01-17-2010 at 09:56 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    I personally won't buy another Innocase battery last one I got lasted a whole two months... know several other people with similar results. Combined with all the problems they're having with the Innocases for the Droid and I think I'll pass on anymore of their overpriced products.

fair enough. i've heard the opposite for the most part, people and reviews are almost always generally very positive for seidio products. I'm sorry you haven't had good experiences with them.

Though just to put things into perspective what battery did you get and for what phone? as for the case I don't know. I've heard both good and bad. Personally I use the bodyglove case with belt clip. lots of people complain about that one, but I love it. nice and tight, extermely protective, i get a belt clip and it turns my phone into a virtual tank practically. Just heavy.
  10. BzB
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The slim extended battery is the only extended battery I'm interested in. Retaining the slim form factor is more important to me.

I currently get aboout 16hrs run on the stock 1350 mah batterry. If their other slim extended batteries are any indication, this will likely be between 1600-1800 mah or somewhere around a 20% increase in capacity over the stock battery. It could mean an additional 2 hrs (or more) run time with the slim extended battery.

If the price isn't too much more than a stock replacement battery I'll probably give it a try.

Edit: I had the seidio slim extended batterry in my storm2 for a few months and it worked out pretty well. Never tried any of their humpback extended batteries so can't speak to those.
    Last edited by BzB; 01-17-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links