DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereo dock?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Stereo dock?

I'm not sure how you can call something a "multimedia" dock if it has no audio capability. Is anyone aware of a current or future docking option with speakers?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    The multi media pertains to the pics, music, and weather options when docked.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks to both of you for defining "multimedia".

Is there a stereo dock?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    "I'm not sure how you can call something a "multimedia" dock if it has no audio capability"

We just answered you question from above! That is THE reason they can call it a "multimedia" dock!

No I know of no other dock that will allow music to be transmitted once docked though other speakers other than on the Droid!

No reason to get pissy, think your questions through before you post if you are sesitive about the response!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm not pissy or sensitive, just trying to clarify the specific question I was trying to get answered by posting. I do appreciate the help.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thumbs up I need help inventing a true multimedia dock/car stereo head unit.

I am an engineering student in San Diego. I have always been on the cutting edge of having phones. This Droid is way beyond that. I made a commitment of at least 2 years to this phone. I want the most of my phones interactivity. Let's take Car manufacturer's, Verizon, Pioneer, Bose, Mark Levinson, Alpine, and make the Droid eliminate the recharging cable. Its safe secure and always charged and its one more way for you to enjoy handsfree use of your Droid. I can explain more if anyone reads this and finds it interesting. I think it will knock a homerun out of the park! Should be one Droid Car stereo per household or car.
    Brendan R Hill
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Exclamation I am with you and listening to your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
    I'm not pissy or sensitive, just trying to clarify the specific question I was trying to get answered by posting. I do appreciate the help.
    Being a Droid Owner I know how easy it is to want more out of the Droid. I have a feeli9ng it will take people like yourself and I to gain support for a Car stereo head unit that will allow the droid to charge, play music, and do all of its other things. Multimedia, I know, I want ot get my money back for the Window Mount and Car Charger. Would rather have spent a little more on a deck to replace the one in the car.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Was the OP asking about a car multimedia dock? My impression was a desktop dock was the topic.

Problem is that the dock would have to use BT or have an ungainly aux cable (unless there's a way to get audio via USB on the Droid). With the latter a dock would be a bit pointless IMO since you could use an aux cable with any stereo or other device with aux in.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    MIKRADLE is working on a new multimedia dock that will utilize integral speakers for stereo music. Of course - an audio cable will have to connect the phone to the dock as well as the USB charging port. Both cables will be supplied with the unit. I'm hoping to have this in production and available by late spring or early summer. News and timetables will be posted on our Supporting Vendor site here MIKRADLE - It Simply Does... The Dock Where All Covers Are Accepted

Meanwhile - even I am resorted to using my separate powered speakers (Bose at home and Altec Lansing here at my office). cuskit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links