DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Screen protector is better?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by olson0827 View Post
    Steinheil Cystal Clear! Absolute Best hands down. You would never know it was there if you hadnt put it on. Ive had them all too!

Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid
    These are back in stock, as are the anti-fingerprint (which have received high marks for other devices)! I just ordered a Crystal and I'll post my thoughts on it when I get it.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I got my screen protectors in the mail today and just got done installing. No air bubbles at all and can't even tell it is installed. 3 pack for $2.99, shipping was approx 3 days.

The screen protectors I purchased and the seller I purchased from:

3X LCD Screen Protector for VERIZON Motorola DROID A855 - eBay (item 290389469225 end time Jan-18-10 13:24:35 PST)

Attached are some pics of the protectors (also came with a small cleaning cloth). Sorry, no pics of it installed on my droid, honestly though you cant even tell there is anything on there so a pic wouldn't show anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Screen protector is better?-2010-01-11-20.03.04.jpg   Which Screen protector is better?-2010-01-11-20.03.21.jpg  
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid (wife has HTC Eris)
    Anyone use the one Verizon sells?

Enter your location
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid w/ v2.0.1
    I prefer the sgp steinheil crystal, bought it for my psp a year ago and haven't had to replace it yet.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi326 View Post

Enter your location
    I picked up a pack when I got the phone to tie me over until I found something else. They aren't bad, specially for the price ($12 for 3 I think). They go on easy enough and hold up well. The only thing I don't really like is they do NOT cover the bottom/home buttons. So you have a slight edge on the bottom just above the buttons. Highly annoyed me at first but now I'm used to it so... it's not annoying enough to 'replace' them early so I will wait until they need replacing (when may be a while, they are fairly heavy/thick so seam like they will last quite a while).

But between the two in the OP I would go with Seidio. They make great products (I have the Innocase and Holster for the Droid and love them).
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid w/ v2.0.1

Enter your location
    they're bloody awful
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    cell
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarreq Teryx View Post

Enter your location
    they're bloody awful
    we got a free pack when buying our Droid and free Eris at the VZW store - a pack for each phone

they work well - 1st time i've ever used a screen protector, didn't think i needed one but figured why not try since they were free , after all i can't tell its even on the Droid (don't use a case) with my wife's Eris, the edges keep a bubble because of the case that she has (pushed the edges)

note that she installed both, using a credit card to smooth out the bubbles and the very 1st try was on her Eris, it came out with too many bubbles, my Droid was next - came out well , then she put a second one on the Eris, worked well

it's been since the mid of Dec that we've been using the initial protectors, the guy at the store said they would last for a month, so it's been almost 1 month and both are holding up well (a tiny bit of the edges are peeling up on my Droid but not much, nothing you can even notice unless looking for it - nothing near the display portion)

i don't know if I'll buy replacements once these are gone (i think they are 10-packs) so that's gonna last for some time .....

based on my wife's 1st result with the Eris , it def depends on how well you apply - how careful you are (the 1st one she tried on the Eris had so many bubbles in the middle, it was awful)
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    The Seidio ones are way better unless you like the mushy feel of Zagg and the orange color.

Orange color?? I've got the Zagg full body armor and have been happy with it. No bubbles either.
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    340 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    I'm not a fan of the Zagg. Too tacky and no way to avoid the orange Peel. I had an Invisible Gadget Guard on my Samsung Impression and loved it. A little thinner than the Zagg but still protects as good. And it is very smooth. Barely know it is on there.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have found the screen protectors by Box Wave to be the best. They are a little more expensive but well worth it. They have a couple of different type. I always get the Anti-Glare which also seems to be Anti-fingerprint. The best part is if they get really dirty you can take them off, wash them, and then put them back on.

BoxWave Accessories - iPhone, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links