DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Droid mounted to car with velcro?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    yep most toll booths I've been to have it just ask , it's for mounting transponders to windshields, it's great really locks it on but will come off without screwing up the dash-important to me for car and motorcycle.
    I use it on the bike all the time.
    the guy that said pricey it is much cheaper at wal-mart or hardware store, I did did a quick search to show you the product. make sure it's 3m brand
    what is it glue on pads that the glue is excellent but will come off when your done with it , just warm it slightly with a hair dryer,
    and it is sorta like velcro that has plastic to plastic locks that hold very well, and won't tear up after it gets aged, try it you will like it.
    here is another picture and a bit cheaper-just another search, go to wal-mart
    Clear 3M SJ3560 dual lock strips 2 PCS 1"Wx 6"L - eBay (item 300381579626 end time Jan-27-10 09:43:29 PST)
    Last edited by snowman; 01-05-2010 at 06:44 AM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid owner since 12/26/09
    Are there any universal mounts you can use with the Droid...which would be cheaper than the verizon mount...that could be modified to fit on your dash...Velcro would look pretty bad on your phone and dash...imho
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    all of the universal mounts work, that's why they're universal, but you won't get the magnet and 99% of them are portrait mode only.

$22 shipped for the vzw mount is worth it imo.

get the Moto charger from Amazon for $4 before shipping and call it a day.

Amazon.com: Motorola 89143N P513 Car Charger - Micro USB Connector: Electronics
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I agree with going with the verizon mount...but can that be mounted on the dash as the OP stated? Don't need a mount with a magnet...can just get the dock runner app...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeProcopio View Post
    I agree with going with the verizon mount...but can that be mounted on the dash as the OP stated? Don't need a mount with a magnet...can just get the dock runner app...
    mine came with a sticky pad to use instead of the suction cup.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well then...problem solved...LOL.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    all of the universal mounts work, that's why they're universal, but you won't get the magnet and 99% of them are portrait mode only.

$22 shipped for the vzw mount is worth it imo.

get the Moto charger from Amazon for $4 before shipping and call it a day.

Amazon.com: Motorola 89143N P513 Car Charger - Micro USB Connector: Electronics
    very nice price
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    chasemanhattan3
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    yep most toll booths I've been to have it just ask , it's for mounting transponders to windshields, it's great really locks it on but will come off without screwing up the dash-important to me for car and motorcycle.
    I use it on the bike all the time.
    the guy that said pricey it is much cheaper at wal-mart or hardware store, I did did a quick search to show you the product. make sure it's 3m brand
    what is it glue on pads that the glue is excellent but will come off when your done with it , just warm it slightly with a hair dryer,
    and it is sorta like velcro that has plastic to plastic locks that hold very well, and won't tear up after it gets aged, try it you will like it.
    here is another picture and a bit cheaper-just another search, go to wal-mart
    Clear 3M SJ3560 dual lock strips 2 PCS 1"Wx 6"L - eBay (item 300381579626 end time Jan-27-10 09:43:29 PST)
    Awesome! Just ordered it. Thanks for the link. For 4 bucks I'd rather just sit here at my computer rather than having to go seek out a toll road (which I think should be outlawed...what are our taxes for anyway???) and risking some nit wit not knowing what I'm talking about and still having to pay the outlandish toll.

And I think a modest little strip of velcro looks better than some hunky contraptions sitting on your dash. It will look especially awesome with the Droid in all it's satellite glory sitting there letting me know where everything is. I'll post pics when I get it hooked up!
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiechase37 View Post
    Awesome! Just ordered it. Thanks for the link. For 4 bucks I'd rather just sit here at my computer rather than having to go seek out a toll road (which I think should be outlawed...what are our taxes for anyway???) and risking some nit wit not knowing what I'm talking about and still having to pay the outlandish toll.
    ...tolls pay for highways... cities struggle as it is to keep roads paved and maintained. you say it's just as easy as paying taxes? well, what happens when other expenses are added to the agenda? more roads = more money, old infrastructure = more money, more drivers = more money... where do you think this money comes from???

the easiest solution is to RAISE taxes, but people hate that, right??? so what else can you do? raise taxes on cigs and booze? OUTRAGE!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid & Thunderbolt
    I didn't read much with this thread but I just came up with an idea. I know there are many people who purchased a couple replacement doors for the back of their phones. You could put velcro to that and attach it to your car that way. Then all you need to do is replace the door when it is not being used in your vehicle.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links