I have a DX. I did post this same thread on DroidXForums but I know this site gets a lot more traffic and non-X owners may still have some good insight on the matter!
I did a search for "built-in screen protectors" and all I could find were threads that listed if a case HAS one, but very little feedback on what people LIKE or DO NOT LIKE about having it built-into the case. Also, I read various reviews online and watched Youtube reviews... but again, very little was said on the screen protectors.
I know there are a couple well-known manufacturers that have cases with this feature (Otterbox and Trident), and I know those are both very popular cases because of the protection they offer. From what I can gather, the Trident offers a replacement screen protector, or you can remove it and pair with your own screen protector as necessary. Can the Otterbox screen be easily removed as well?
So my questions/concerns are:
1) Quality and durability of protector in protecting the screen (also, I know some people leave on their original screen protector too, do you find this necessary)
2) "Scratch-proofedness" of protector itself (not a word, but you get it... I can't stand a bunch of teeny tiny scratches on the protector, altho I know better that than the actual phone!)
3) Touch sensitivity and "contact of protector" (for obvious reasons)
4) Fingerprint/smudge resistance (not a huge deal, but nice to know)
5) Retention with frequent removal of case (does the protector warp if you take the case off and put it back on all the time?)
6) Feel of the protector (I like a very smooth "glass-like feel" which is what I like about some regular protectors, I don't like the "pebbled" feel some of them have)
Thanks for reading this. As I said, I searched and I didn't really see anything applicable to these specific topics, just reviews of the case as a whole. Of course, if there is info out there and I missed it, please feel free to link me to it. Otherwise, any thoughts you can offer would be a big help! The cases both look awesome, but it's this screen protector issue that has me stopped dead in my tracks.