DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Bluetooth Headset??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Ultimate Bluetooth Headset??

Looked over the forums, but don't find my "ultimate" headset....

I need multipoint because I carry 2 phones (work & personal) and need to answer whichever one is ringing, especially if I'm on the road.

Would also really like to get all sounds through the headset, specifically TV.com, radio, video, other media so if I take a break and want to listen to the radio or watch a video I can do so with the headset.

Finally, I'd want to use the headset while at the gym, so need something sweatproof, can use while lifting weights (ie bench press while on my back) and on the treadmill, etc.

Not too terribly concerned about music sound quality. Want it to be decent, but I'm not all that picky about it.

Saw one (model forgotten...) that would be both a mono & stereo headset with the left earpiece being detachable, but had many reviews of not staying in the ear. Something like that would be wonderful since I could use just the one earpiece most of the time, but when I want better sound I could use the second ear piece.

Any suggestions on a headset??

Thanks

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Of the headsets that I know about or have, the one that comes the closest in my mind is the Jabra BT8010. Unfortunately, it is no longer made. My wife and I both have them, including the detachable stereo extension earpiece. Even though it is no longer made, I am mentioning it in the hope that someone will know about ones that are similar. The Plantronics Voyager 855 is similar, but I don't know how well it stays in the ear. The BT8010 stays in the ear well. Here is the 855 at Amazon:

Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Perhaps there are others like these.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    They might not make the BT8010 any longer, but it's still very available from a variety of sources:

BT8010 - Google Product Search
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    They might not make the BT8010 any longer, but it's still very available from a variety of sources:

BT8010 - Google Product Search
    I know, but I think that some or perhaps most of those are reconditioned ones. There are a lot of products on Amazon marketplace that buyers say are obviously reconditioned products. That is why I only buy things on Amazon that are from Amazon directly and then I avoid those that are marked "bulk" or "OEM". It is also the same at Newegg. The OEM headsets are often reconditioned ones.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The Plantronics looks promising, but no multipoint....
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    Plantronics Discovery 925. You'll love it. And, yes, multi-point. And a charging pouch as well.

Bit expensive, but excellent quality and value.
    -----Jon-----
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by jsprings View Post
    Plantronics Discovery 925. You'll love it. And, yes, multi-point. And a charging pouch as well.

Yes, it looks very good and it is currently on sale at verizonwireless.com for $49.97 and the ACC20 discount code might still be valid. However, it is not stereo and if it is like most mono headsets, it will not play music, which is one of the things that the OP wants.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by jsprings View Post

I think a major feature you may have missed out is that he needs it to play music. I am fairly certain that it does not play music. I have one.
    That headset is now 69.99 at vzw I believe not sure though. The new version (975) is 129.99 I think adds advanced NC removes MultiPoint

I have an 8010 and 8040 the 8010 does multiple devices and has a detachable headset, sounds very good it is uncomfortable and easy to loose the ear hook. The 8040 is amazing comfort good sound

I have used the plantronics stereo detectable system it sucks boomy bass slides out of my ear.

I have owned/used over 40 models of headsets in the past 5 years (manufactures used to send trial pieces)

The 8040 is the best overall headset that I have ever owned.
    I'd rate it as fallows
    5/5 Size
    5/5 Comfort
    3.5/5 Battery life (last more than a day for talk less than half a day for music LOL)
    3/5 Noise canceling (sound quality is amazing but nothing spectacular in the NC department)
    5/5 Features
    5/5 Volume (most in ear gel style headsets are very loud)

I believe it meets all of your requirements. As far as pricing... I would jump on the lowest price from a reputable source and I would NOT care if it is refurbished. If the 925, 975, or JawBone2 had mono a2dp, multipoint, and advanced NC I would say they take the cake but the 925 lack a2dp and advanced noise cancelling and the 975 lacks a2dp and multipoint LOL the JawBone2 lacks a2dp and isnt very loud the prime is louder with the ear gels but still not loud enough lol.

Jabra BT 8040 Bluetooth Mono/Stereo Headset - Jabra Bluetooth by Starlightmobile INC
    Last edited by givmedew; 01-03-2010 at 09:03 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    I believe it meets all of your requirements. As far as pricing... I would jump on the lowest price from a reputable source and I would NOT care if it is refurbished. If the 925, 975, or JawBone2 had mono a2dp, multipoint, and advanced NC I would say they take the cake but the 925 lack a2dp and advanced noise cancelling and the 975 lacks a2dp and multipoint LOL the JawBone2 lacks a2dp and isnt very loud the prime is louder with the ear gels but still not loud enough lol.

Jabra BT 8040 Bluetooth Mono/Stereo Headset - Jabra Bluetooth by Starlightmobile INC
    Does anyone know if refurbished items like this have new LiION batteries installed? If they do then I can agree with this statement. If they come with the original battery then I wouldn't touch a refurbished headset. Many people tend to keep their headsets fully charged and at room temperature. This condition causes the battery to lose 20% of its capacity per year and the battery is only good for 300 to 500 recharges.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Tegamal
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic w/ ICS 6.7.2-223
    I've used a Plantronics Explorer 330 for years on several phones & my PS3. I love it.

Amazon.com: Plantronics Explorer 330 Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Service
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links