DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Card sale!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

SD Card sale!

I wore out the sd card in my Droid1. I shopped around and found out that Radio Shack is having a sale on them. I got a Class 4, 16 GB SanDisk card for $34.99. Radio Shack's regular price on that card is $119.99. Now I know the 119 number is insanely high, but for a name brand 16 GB Class 4 card, $34.99 is a deal (at least I thought it was). The sale ends today, 1/22, but anyone needing a new sd card or wanting to upgrade to a Class 4 card, this might be a good solution. Especially considering you don't have to wait for it to get shipped. Just thought somebody might want to know.
    Loved my original Droid with a Sourcery ROM.
    Liked my Thunderbolt, but would have loved it with a Sourcery ROM.
    Love my Galaxy Nexus rocking a Sourcery ROM the most!

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkraffert View Post
    I wore out the sd card in my Droid1. I shopped around and found out that Radio Shack is having a sale on them. I got a Class 4, 16 GB SanDisk card for $34.99. Radio Shack's regular price on that card is $119.99. Now I know the 119 number is insanely high, but for a name brand 16 GB Class 4 card, $34.99 is a deal (at least I thought it was). The sale ends today, 1/22, but anyone needing a new sd card or wanting to upgrade to a Class 4 card, this might be a good solution. Especially considering you don't have to wait for it to get shipped. Just thought somebody might want to know.
    you should check out amazon...16gb microsd 22bucks...radio shack is ridiculous for even attempting to charge over $100 for a 16gb...reminds me of best buy charging $200 for HDMI cables...haha

Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G-A11M Retail Package: Electronics
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    X2
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    you should check out amazon...16gb microsd 22bucks...radio shack is ridiculous for even attempting to charge over $100 for a 16gb...reminds me of best buy charging $200 for HDMI cables...haha

Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G-A11M Retail Package: Electronics
    Ayep - they have a 32gb card for $46 on Amazon.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryHatter View Post

Ayep - they have a 32gb card for $46 on Amazon.
    ha even better! i got my 32gb from sandisk itself in december when they had em for $50.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I would have if I had the time. My phone was basically down without an sd card, and I needed it today. I was pretty happy considering the time issue. I knew I could get it cheaper if I could wait. Plus, the Class 4 card I got definitely helps the performance of my phone.
    Loved my original Droid with a Sourcery ROM.
    Liked my Thunderbolt, but would have loved it with a Sourcery ROM.
    Love my Galaxy Nexus rocking a Sourcery ROM the most!
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone

I would have if I had the time. My phone was basically down without an sd card, and I needed it today. I was pretty happy considering the time issue. I knew I could get it cheaper if I could wait.
    oh yeah if you needed it in your hand today, that's a good price...probably won't find it cheaper at a brick and mortar i'm sure.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    A class 4 16 GB for 35 is a steal! Im going to go on break and head over to radio shack across the street right now to pick one up, replace the 8 gig class 2 that came with my phone

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm heading out to RS in a short to pick one up. This is just what I need for my Nook Color. I'm going to run Froyo from it. Thanks again.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    On a side note, would getting a class 6 or 10 even really help access speeds? After realizing my 8 gig is a class 4, i can say that my phone already installs large apps relatively fast and can uninstall/delete large files/apps nearly instantly.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    they say that technically you should notice increases in read/write speeds, but to me its meh. i've never noticed any difference (at least not one worth justifying the extra money) to care
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links