DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multimedia dock charges but does not put phone into dock mode

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I guess that explains why the wall charger is so much faster than the USB charger!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Okay - experiment done! My droid, plugged into my Apple G5 Tower USB connector, while sitting on MIKRADLE dock, does NOT sleep. It has stayed charging now for well over an hour without sleeping - same as if it were plugged into my AC charger.

So - not sure why Garyhesq does not have the same results. Something is different here. MIKRADLE dock is utilizing the original USB cable that came with the phone, so his Dock vs MIKRADLE should have no difference. I'd say it must be something with his phone. Or.... my USB is plugged directly into my USB2.0 connection on the computer - full power. Perhaps he is not plugged into a full power USB connector (such as into a keyboard or monitor usb connection)? This could be the answer. Waiting for his reply.

cuskit
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cuskit View Post
    Okay - experiment done! My droid, plugged into my Apple G5 Tower USB connector, while sitting on MIKRADLE dock, does NOT sleep. It has stayed charging now for well over an hour without sleeping - same as if it were plugged into my AC charger.

So - not sure why Garyhesq does not have the same results. Something is different here. MIKRADLE dock is utilizing the original USB cable that came with the phone, so his Dock vs MIKRADLE should have no difference. I'd say it must be something with his phone. Or.... my USB is plugged directly into my USB2.0 connection on the computer - full power. Perhaps he is not plugged into a full power USB connector (such as into a keyboard or monitor usb connection)? This could be the answer. Waiting for his reply.

cuskit
    the dock has nothing to do with it, unless you dock is powered (and the moto one is not). USB standards are only 500mAh of power. you need 1000+ to keep the phone awake.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post

cuskit
    the dock has nothing to do with it, unless you dock is powered (and the moto one is not). USB standards are only 500mAh of power. you need 1000+ to keep the phone awake.
    As stated, my USB does NOT sleep my Droid... It's plugged into MacG5 USB 2.0 directly on machine. Why, if as you say this is not possible? Curious only - I'm not USB power literate. So - go easy on me!

cuskit
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have a question for those of you using the MM charger. I turned my screen off in the charger last night using the power button. This morning I pulled the Droid out of the charger, hit the power button and when woke it up it was on one of the settings sub-menus. Is that normal? Phone is working perfectly, but I'm not sure why that happened. Anyone else experience this?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    are you sure you didn't EVER open the settings menu? i find that if i check the battery status before putting it in the dock (even if i hit home before doing so) that i'll end up back at the settings screen when i pull it off.

not a big deal.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    are you sure you didn't EVER open the settings menu? i find that if i check the battery status before putting it in the dock (even if i hit home before doing so) that i'll end up back at the settings screen when i pull it off.

not a big deal.
    No, it was on the homescreen, then I put it in the dock. It switched to dock mode and I hit the button to turn off the display. Unless it keeps happening I'm not going to worry about it.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #

cuskit
    I was using the front USB port on a newer Dell PC. Is the Apple USB power output spec the same? In any case, once I get it at my home it will be plugged into a wall so it's not an issue for me.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links