DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A stylus Motorola Droid?

1. JAM
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote: "I have been researching the Ten One POGO. Just ordered one. It reportedly works fine on the iPhone. Expect it will on DROID too."

Please let us know if the POGO works - I've been wondering...
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Jam, thanks for the question. The POGO Stylus does not work nearly as well as I had hoped. On the vertual keyboard it's ok, not great but OK. But for gaming it seems to interact with the elements, "moves it, then the elements bounces back where it was". Sometimes moves things, sometimes not. Haven't had enought time to really check it out, but for now I don't recommend it.

I want to rescind that "don't recommend it". The Sketch works so much better on the virtual keyboard as I get more experience with it. Because of my FITALY background, it just seems so clumsy typing with one finger on a QWERTY keyboard. FITALY is a breeze after you get over the learning curve. Some people get 60-70 words per minute on a test.
    Last edited by kingsman; 11-17-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Appreciating Sketch more with use
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

What does not work...

I had one laying around, so I tried a Fisher Quad Pen Stylus, and it did not work on a Moto Droid with the Verizon Screen protector.

Fisher Q4 Quad-Action Space Pen Stylus Product Review...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    Quote: "I have been researching the Ten One POGO. Just ordered one. It reportedly works fine on the iPhone. Expect it will on DROID too."

Please let us know if the POGO works - I've been wondering...
    I want to rescind that "don't recommend it". The Sketch works so much better on the virtual keyboard as I get more experience with it. Because of my FITALY background, it just seems so clumsy typing with one finger on a QWERTY keyboard. FITALY is a breeze after you get over the learning curve. Some people get 60-70 words per minute on a test.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just want to emphasize, the POGO Sketch stylus works. It has a magnet under the foam tip, and that magnet 'talks' to the capacitive screen.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)

Cell Phone Shop Touch Stylus Pen For Droid not work

I recently bought a stylus from the Cell Phone Shop online for a "Touch Stylus Pen For Apple iPhone, iPod touch, Touch Screens, Cliq, Droid, Nexus." IT DOES NOT WORK ON THE MOTOROLA DROID. I only paid 7.98 with shipping for it so I'm not out a lot of money (the stylus itself was on sale for $2.99; the shipping was $4.99!)
    It actually works just a little bit and maybe 3 out of 10 tries, and then not very good results. Your finger is totally better. Basically useless as a working stylus.

Touch Stylus Pen For Apple iPhone, iPod touch, Touch Screens, Cliq, Droid, Nexus - Nexus One

----------------------------------------------------------
    Pocket Solutions (online) has a
    Verizon Motorola Droid Stylus for $12.95 and $1.98 shipping. But they stopped selling it because it doesn't work. They are awaiting a shipment of Droid styluses that work before filling orders. They will email me when those become available. They were very forthcoming and honest about the problem
    Verizon Motorola Droid Stylus : (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    just use the negative side of a battery. AA AAA

The Germ Series, DroidMod & HelloDroid bootanimations
    kudolabs.net
    or 1NEk7HYFRHK9dUPmkApAkCY6kYE5YNfD8n
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Still Searching

As you might infer from my avatar, I was a stylus maker in a previous existence (Tapwave Zodiac), and I'm in the process of trying to find (and possibly utilize), a stylus that would work on the Droid X. I thought that Pandroid's comment about using the negative end of a battery was interesting, but when I tried it, it gave me the same results as my trial with the Boxwave stylus. It certainly will register on the screen and open apps, but is unable to use the swipe function. If you try to swipe across the screen it will open the first app it encounters! Well, back to the hunt...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Try the TenOne Pogo Sketch. Works fine for me.

I just wish someone would give us a Palm style Memo pad, and wish the FITALY folks would get their conversion published.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I was also a Fitaly user, but then adopted MessageEase, a similar keyboard, and felt the same way you did! I actually found MessageEase for the Android OS and installed it on my DX, but that although it was great for stylus input, it was not conducive for touch screens! If Fitaly is developed for the Droi, you may find the same holds true for it. I think Swipe isú probably the best option for touch screens at the moment!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links