DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1195

Thread: [Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

  1. Junior Droid
    Vic Hammer's Avatar
    Member #
    56021
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockLord View Post
    Per your instructions I have updated to the latest version on your website, but the problem persists where the clock text is black. I even booted to recovery, mounted system, rm'ed framework-res.apk, blur-res.apk, and services.jar, then did the update.zip. Rebooted, and the clock is still black. Is there a file I missed? I thought the clock control was done by framework-res, but I'm no themer.
    I have a stock Droid X that I applied the leaked 2.2 to when it came out. As of last night it is rooted via ADB so I could apply the custom build.prop. It seemed I wanted quite a few of the apps that weren't showing up in the market. The custom build.prop fixed that. Then I decided I wanted a theme, no custom roms for now, just a theme. Your Black Glass appears to have been designed just for me, very cool, nice work man. When I applied your theme I lost those apps I just got access to from the original build.prop. I reinstalled that first custom build.prop over your them and it works again. Something you might want to add to yours.

    Now comes the big "but", I too have black text on my clock. The background for it is clear though and I use beautiful weather so it looks pretty cool. The only problem is when the notification bar is "pulled down" the date is also black text on black background. Any insight on how to repair that?

    Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work, use it as a basis to get hired by ANY company that needs to make their stock themes not "suck".

    Vic
  2. Theme Developer
    928Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    8566
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina Mountains
    Posts
    3,753
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Hammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockLord View Post
    Per your instructions I have updated to the latest version on your website, but the problem persists where the clock text is black. I even booted to recovery, mounted system, rm'ed framework-res.apk, blur-res.apk, and services.jar, then did the update.zip. Rebooted, and the clock is still black. Is there a file I missed? I thought the clock control was done by framework-res, but I'm no themer.
    I have a stock Droid X that I applied the leaked 2.2 to when it came out. As of last night it is rooted via ADB so I could apply the custom build.prop. It seemed I wanted quite a few of the apps that weren't showing up in the market. The custom build.prop fixed that. Then I decided I wanted a theme, no custom roms for now, just a theme. Your Black Glass appears to have been designed just for me, very cool, nice work man. When I applied your theme I lost those apps I just got access to from the original build.prop. I reinstalled that first custom build.prop over your them and it works again. Something you might want to add to yours.

    Now comes the big "but", I too have black text on my clock. The background for it is clear though and I use beautiful weather so it looks pretty cool. The only problem is when the notification bar is "pulled down" the date is also black text on black background. Any insight on how to repair that?

    Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work, use it as a basis to get hired by ANY company that needs to make their stock themes not "suck".

    Vic
    Vic,

    Thanks!

    First off, the Odexed version is not capable of having a white clock (or white date when using pull down, or a transparent pulldown etc), hence the special graphic so you can see the black clock in normal mode. This is one of the many differences in an Odexed and DeOdexed ROM/Theme and has been covered many times in this thread.

    Concerning build prop, all my latest releases have modified build.props with Market fix and much more. Due to the lack of interest in the Odexed version (because of all the limitations) it hasn't been updated lately and doesn't have the Build prop changes.

    Thanks again and enjoy!!
  3. Junior Droid
    Vic Hammer's Avatar
    Member #
    56021
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid X
    That explains it. thanks, I knew it was something simple. Frankly, I don't know the difference/benefits/how to between odex and deodex. It would appear I need to read up on that next. If I do figure out why/how to... "de"-odex do I re-install your deodex theme over the one I have now?
  4. Junior Droid
    zone23's Avatar
    Member #
    9855
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Droid X
    Dave, I think I may have figured out why I have a black clock....I originally was using the odex version on first leak...then I updated to 2.3.13, now on 2.3.15. After installing the latest leak...your theme was not applied so I installed the latest version ( one with" oza")....could that be the answer? If so, what actions do I take to fix it?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Theme Developer
    928Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    8566
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina Mountains
    Posts
    3,753
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    FYI, the OTA 2.2 is getting ready to drop.

    Verizon support page has been updated.. http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

    Official Version number will be 2.3.15

    My Theme for it made with the files/apks from 2.3.15 is already on my DroidX Download page. BGX r2315, DeOdexed only at the moment.

    This Theme should also work with original 2.2. Leak, and the 2.3.13 leak... DeOdexed ONLY.
  6. Master Droid
    quadjacks's Avatar
    Member #
    26452
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    257
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROID X does
    Quote Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
    Dave, I think I may have figured out why I have a black clock....I originally was using the odex version on first leak...then I updated to 2.3.13, now on 2.3.15. After installing the latest leak...your theme was not applied so I installed the latest version ( one with" oza")....could that be the answer? If so, what actions do I take to fix it?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Firstly, it's a matter of where you obtained the 2.3.15 Leak. I got my from MDW: Incremental upgrade 2.3.15 for DroidX Over at My droid World from p3droid. Mine states it's DX-2315-Deodexed.zip. When I flash the DEODEXED 928 Black Glass my Clock is white. So you should insure you are flashing the lastest DEODEXED 928 Black Glass.

    Also this may seems extreme, but I SBF 2.1 > re-root > 2.2 > 2.3.13 > 2.3.15 then 928 Black Glass Deodex... Everytime and I have yet to have even one issue most folks here have. Takes 10mins total or have issue after issue after issue in which you'll spend more time troubleshooting vs starting from scratch on each update. Just my .02 cents
    check me out:

  7. Theme Developer
    928Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    8566
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina Mountains
    Posts
    3,753
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
    Dave, I think I may have figured out why I have a black clock....I originally was using the odex version on first leak...then I updated to 2.3.13, now on 2.3.15. After installing the latest leak...your theme was not applied so I installed the latest version ( one with" oza")....could that be the answer? If so, what actions do I take to fix it?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Firstly, it's a matter of where you obtained the 2.3.15 Leak. I got my from MDW: Incremental upgrade 2.3.15 for DroidX Over at My droid World from p3droid. Mine states it's DX-2315-Deodexed.zip. When I flash the DEODEXED 928 Black Glass my Clock is white. So you should insure you are flashing the lastest DEODEXED 928 Black Glass.

    Also this may seems extreme, but I SBF 2.1 > re-root > 2.2 > 2.3.13 > 2.3.15 then 928 Black Glass Deodex... Everytime and I have yet to have even one issue most folks here have. Takes 10mins total or have issue after issue after issue in which you'll spend more time troubleshooting vs starting from scratch on each update. Just my .02 cents
    Thanks QuadJacks!!

    The biggest problem is people seem to willy nilly flash this and that and they end up with a missmash of stuff on their phone, then they think the problem is the Theme. The ONLY way my Themes for Stock 2.2 (whatever version) will for sure work correctly is on a CLEAN STOCK 2.2 system install.

    In close to 10,000 downloads of my Theme files....issues like this are always related to a "dirty" system or users installed the wrong Theme (DeOdexed over Odexed).

    FYI, you don't have to go back to SBF 2.1. IF you are already on 2.2 of anything... just FORMAT the System area while in recovery first, then Mount System, then apply the 2.3.15 DeOdexed leak.. ALL before leaving recovery or rebooting (or you will have to SBF).

    Then apply my Theme and all of these issues will dissappear...

    This is the same no matter what ROM/Theme/Phone you use... you just can't miss-match stuff and expect perfection. I have tried to stress this in Post #1 of each of my Theme Threads.
  8. Droid
    vcmstone's Avatar
    Member #
    57075
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    DROID X
    So I am currently running 2.1 on my device and have your theme. What I was wondering is what happened to the stock theme that you used to have available? I figured that you have to have the stock theme to have the update installed. Thanks for any help.
  9. Theme Developer
    928Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    8566
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina Mountains
    Posts
    3,753
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vcmstone View Post
    So I am currently running 2.1 on my device and have your theme. What I was wondering is what happened to the stock theme that you used to have available? I figured that you have to have the stock theme to have the update installed. Thanks for any help.
    I will dig that back up and post it later tonight, looks like we may need it SOON :-)
  10. Droid
    vcmstone's Avatar
    Member #
    57075
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    I will dig that back up and post it later tonight, looks like we may need it SOON :-)
    Thank you very much!
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 09:31 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:44 PM
  4. Replies: 158
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 09:52 PM

Search tags for this page

928 black glass droid x
,
black glass
,
black glass background
,
black glass wallpaper
,
black glass-x
,

droid x

,

droid x black theme

,

droid x themes

,
droid x themes free
,

droid x wallpaper

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+