DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: [Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROID X does
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofLrk View Post
    I did read the instructions inside the mm. There are '2' SubTheme APP-1.cpy titles. When I press to install the second one which says it will install m-y, it says it will target the APK/jar/Directory: APP-1.cpy. Shouldn't it say target APP-2.cpy?

After following your directions, I went and looked at /system/app and found that none of the m-y apps were updated.

I also tried to install the TwitterDOES-DX but it is trying to target TwitterD1.cpy, which does not exist. I can only see TwitterDOES-DX in the sdcard folder.
    I get the same issue and have seen the same things... The file is gone from the Mediafire download site, so I suspect the corrections will come soon...
    check me out:

2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eolly View Post
    ok updated to the new version and now my marketplace wont connect says I dont have network connection. And when it rebooted it auto selected swype as my default keyboard.

what gives?
    It is not abnormal for settings like the keyboard to get changed during file updates.

Try signing in toyour Google accounts, that is also normal for you to lose the Account log in during file updates.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it. You make also need to dial *228 to "reactivate" the phone.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid UD eXtreme + Droid X 928
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofLrk View Post
    I have a question, when I went to apply the mm, there are 2 SubTheme:APP-1.cpy sections. Does the second APP-1.cpy install APP-2?
    Good catch, fatfinged the code...if you can edit the XML theme control file you can change the second one to APP-2.cpy and try it again.

I am uploading a corrected version right now.
    Yes, I was able to edit the XML theme control file and TwitterDOES-DX folder and all is well. Thanks for a great theme!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    It is not abnormal for settings like the keyboard to get changed during file updates.

Try signing in toyour Google accounts, that is also normal for you to lose the Account log in during file updates.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it. You make also need to dial *228 to "reactivate" the phone.
    I reactivated the phone.
    Still same thing I can connect to twitter and the net just fine.
    Im even getting my gmail email notifications.
    Just failing to connect to market.
    Wait scratch that I cant connect to gmail now..
    Last edited by Eolly; 08-15-2010 at 07:37 PM.
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member

I reactivated the phone.
    Trying to recreate your issues, will get back to you.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROID X does
    For some reason I still had to fix permissions!

Edit: Scratch that, just edited the xml... Works great now thanks...

*with my hands on my hips* MAKE SURE THE FILE IS CORRECT NEXT TIME BEFORE UPLOADING... lol... JK! thanks for the Awesome theme...
    Last edited by quadjacks; 08-15-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    check me out:

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2 ROOTED
    Where is the new file?
  8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dverplank View Post
    Love IT!!

Best Theme I have had on any phone.

Thank you.

ps are you getting ready to theme froyo?
    Thank you for the mind words!

I.ve been Theming Froyo for months...I had to take a step backwards to theme the Droid X :-) Took a lot of digging to find my old 2.1 files (on my computer and in my head)!!!

I also have had the Droid 2 ROM dump for a week and have torn it apart getting resdy for when we get the 2.2. Blur for the Drod X....in other words, no worries, I am more than ready for Froyo Blur :-)
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member

I reactivated the phone.
    Eolly,

I recreated your issue, I think tried every installtion of various MetaMorph installs to try and fix it...I even used my "Back to Stock" MetaMorph and it still didn't fix the problem.... I also tried wiping Data on just the individual Google service apps and the Market apps...still didn't fix it...tried every trick I knew (and not to brag, but that is a lot) to solve that issue...

In the end the thing that solved it was a Factory Data Reset.. I was holding off on that as my next to last resort, (SBF being last) but it did the trick. I know it is a slight pain , well on the X it's not so bad because it is so fast :-). BUT, I will say it was worth it because it is always a good thing to do a Factory Data Reset on a Fully themed ROM, kind of smoothes out things from all the massive changes.

In reality from start to finish (finish being phone reactivated, Google Log in, and apps reappearing from the Market, was only about 15-20 minutes and well worth the time. It also seems from reading others experiences that the Droid X tends to like to be Reset when it starts acting up , even when it is "unTheme" related.
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Guys, sorry about the typos in the XML file,...I have been cranking hard trying to get this new update out to you. I haven't been to sleep since 9 am yesterday morning (and was up until 5am that morning) as I worked all thru the night to get it just right...so a few typos on 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours ain't too bad, I guess.

Concerning the "New File" I had pulled it after Eolly's issue and plus I needed to redo the XML file and upload the whole Theme again (sucks to upload a 60mb file just for one 2k sized file change). Now that I know there is nothing wrong with the Theme I will get it back up again.

Should have new version available in about 30 minutes..then gonna crash. It would help me if you guys could help out any others that have issues like Eolly and remind them to do a Factory Data Reset if they have the same problem.

Thanks!!
Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Links