DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.6 now available!

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMTownsend83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mej284 View Post

Chevy made mention of this, this was his response

FYI, the ONLY XML file I change in my SS v4.6 Theme is eri.xml (in framework-res). I know better than to change code in a Custom ROM and it is my policy to never do so. That way I can be asured if there is an issue, it is related to the ROM, not my Theme.....of course I am human, and not a Droid, so even I can make goofs occasionally :-)

Yeah, nobody's trying to beat you up for it, but this calender issue is not present in the rom when it's left in it's normal state...and I don't believe yours is the only theme with the issue either...when I do run a theme over a rom, it's always Black Glass, and that's not going to change (except that I particularly like the standard SS theme). Keep up the good work, friend, and don't stress.
    No worries, I am going to investigate later today..It could very well be the older Calendar.apk from v4.5 Chevy had sent a Themer.zip that contanted only the files changed from 4.5 to 4.6...Calender or anything associted with was not in there..and I can't remeber if I used the Callendar app from 4.5 when I made the 4.6 theme. I will retheme the one in the 4.6 ROm and test it later today for you guys.

Can someone remind me EXACTLY when/where and how this shows up, or is it there all the time??

My mind is a little frazzled today. I used a Microsoft tool to fix a .NetFramework 3.5 update issue...and it WIPED CLEAN my Android SDK (the whole Android Folder), my Driod SD card backup files, all my Droid Tools AND ALL of My Black Glass THEME FILES, including all the latest images etc, basically everything!!! I am in "recovery Mode" today...but will get to the Calendar issue ASAP..

Luckily I have most stuff backed up on my Company server...but still a lot of work ahead.

BTW, never use the "MicroSoft .NET Framework Cleanup tool" and select "all" as they recommend..trust me, you won't be happy...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Stupid Mistake and I should have known better but it was late and the ,Net Framework 3.5 errors were slowing down my PC and driving me nuts.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mej284 View Post

Chevy made mention of this, this was his response

FYI, the ONLY XML file I change in my SS v4.6 Theme is eri.xml (in framework-res). I know better than to change code in a Custom ROM and it is my policy to never do so. That way I can be asured if there is an issue, it is related to the ROM, not my Theme.....of course I am human, and not a Droid, so even I can make goofs occasionally :-)

Yeah, nobody's trying to beat you up for it, but this calender issue is not present in the rom when it's left in it's normal state...and I don't believe yours is the only theme with the issue either...when I do run a theme over a rom, it's always Black Glass, and that's not going to change (except that I particularly like the standard SS theme). Keep up the good work, friend, and don't stress.
    Nor am I trying to point the blame or get on anyone. I would like to see if fixed but my skills are not strong in this area but I am looking at it trying to learn. I have found more info posted that I would like to quote. Again I am not saying you are anyone else made the mistake just trying to understand it and try to get all the info in one spot. But this was also quoted.
    It actually is stemming from framework-res.apk and not calendar - see, ALL apps need to be rebuilt against framework, if anything in framework changes. I made changes. If the themer does not take this into account, you'll get funky things like the black bar. The theme dev has to fix this, I don't think it is something you can do ...
    Again I am just trying to bring all information to bear. If I offend you I am sorry and will shut up.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M

No worries, I am going to investigate later today..It could very well be the older Calendar.apk from v4.5 Chevy had sent a Themer.zip that contanted only the files changed from 4.5 to 4.6...Calender or anything associted with was not in there..and I can't remeber if I used the Callendar app from 4.5 when I made the 4.6 theme. I will retheme the one in the 4.6 ROm and test it later today for you guys.

Can someone remind me EXACTLY when/where and how this shows up, or is it there all the time??

My mind is a little frazzled today. I used a Microsoft tool to fix a .NetFramework 3.5 update issue...and it WIPED CLEAN my Android SDK (the whole Android Folder), my Driod SD card backup files, all my Droid Tools AND ALL of My Black Glass THEME FILES, including all the latest images etc, basically everything!!! I am in "recovery Mode" today...but will get to the Calendar issue ASAP..

Luckily I have most stuff backed up on my Company server...but still a lot of work ahead.

BTW, never use the "MicroSoft .NET Framework Cleanup tool" and select "all" as they recommend..trust me, you won't be happy...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Stupid Mistake and I should have known better but it was late and the ,Net Framework 3.5 errors were slowing down my PC and driving me nuts.
    Whew! I imagine you must be quite frustrated indeed! Just take your time, do your thing, the calender issue is a minor issue, especially compared to the trouble at hand...I think we can all be patient while you get back up and running
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    08/06/10 - SURPRISE!!! - LIFE GOT JUST A LITTLE BIT EASIER FOR YOU (and me) :-)
    • Introducing the new 928Droid Black Glass DOWNLOAD FOLDERS!
      • All of the 928Droid Black Glass Themes and Extras Files now have their own Download Folder!
      • Always know you are getting the Very Latest Version of 928Droid Black Glass for your ROM!
      • Immediate Downloading, no "Waiting" for a stupid countdown!
      • Click the link for your Favorite ROM and you will be taken to it's own dedicated Download Folder!
        • Note that for Theme Folders with more than one file you can now download all the files with one click!
    Details in Post #1 of Main 928Droid Black Glass Thread (link in sig below)
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    08/06/10 - Surprise AGAIN! - 928Droid Black Glass "Black Edition" Inverted Facebook v1.3.1 released!
    • Special Thanks to TheBowers for the "inversion"!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sweeeeeeeeet! I was actually kinda bummed when I upgraded to ss 4.6 cause I lost your theme, but I'm glad it's up again
    I like the drop down status to have a transparent background...if that could be implemented
    Droid. Rooted. Joy.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Concerning the 4.6 Calendar issue... I still need an answer please before I start on it.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Just open the calendar app, you will see it on day, week or month. look at the month view it is more prevalent
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    08/06/10 - New Release - 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 Simply Stunning v4.6 "c6" revision.
    • Calendar fix (please check it for me to verify)
    • Includes the new "Black Edition" Facebook v1.3.1 and GTalk apps
    Enjoy!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Links