DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.4 now available!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855
    this theme looks very nice, whats the battery life like while running this theme vs bb stock theme?
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaro View Post
    this theme looks very nice, whats the battery life like while running this theme vs bb stock theme?
    Same or possibly slightly better since I reduced the size (apps to apps comparison) by about 1-2 mb.

Of course with all ROMs it all depends on the kernel you use and the settings.

The way I do Themes (and most others) there should be no difference in Battery life....except related to spending so much time looking around at all the cool new stuff :-)
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    Wish I had a Dollar for everytime I answered the Mms question, not your fault though.

pen the Mms app, then Menu>settings scroll down to "Black Background", uncheck it, then check it back again, exit app all the wa using the back arrow.. then restart app and enjoy.

FYI, not my app, I just theme it and it is Themed for the black background option ONLY.

Search Pulldown Editor for changing the "header" to what ever you like...or manually open frameowrk-res.apk and edit the eri.xml file
    Fixed!
    Thank you SO MUCH for getting back to me so quickly! Wow, it's people like you that make this community so great.
    Thanks again!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks, downloading now.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Great! Everything works. Thanks man.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Fan-friggin'tastic!!!!

One issue and a couple questions. First, When I press *228 to update my roaming I can't read the "speaker" option at all but it looks like the word is still there.

1. Not sure how I feel about the clearness of contacts, phone, etc. Is it difficult for me to change it to black if I wanted?
    2. Do you plan to theme Jrummy's new one when it is officially released.
    3. How do I remove the "droid does" from the notification dropdown? It's neat, but takes up too much room.
    4. How do I donate? Is paypal an option?
    Last edited by otter34; 07-29-2010 at 01:29 AM.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Fan-friggin'tastic!!!!

One issue and a couple questions. First, When I press *228 to update my roaming I can't read the "speaker" option at all but it looks like the word is still there.?
    That is a compromise I make in order to have the Black Glass "Clear" Button on the notiication pull down. I think the all Black Glass on that looks sleeker and that same button _default_smaller button is used in a few other areas. You will come across that same issue IIRC in Gtalk when the send fails (the retry button) and one other obscure location I think on the original sign in screen.. For me it is not a big deal because I like the Black "Clear" button with white text. It is only like that on a few of the ROMs I theme....usually an indicatator of the ones I use on a daily basis

It is easy to change that one button image in framework...decompiling the services.jar to change that clear buton text to black is a little harder.... I can tell you how to do it if you want to change it.

1. Not sure how I feel about the clearness of contacts, phone, etc. Is it difficult for me to change it to black if I wanted?
    It takes some getting used too and looks cool(er) with darker walls.

If after a day or so it still bothers you let me know and I wll make an update zip to change it to the standard version (still themed, just not Naked)

2. Do you plan to theme Jrummy's new one when it is officially released.
    As long as it is stable (which I have no doubt it will be), yes.

3. How do I remove the "droid does" from the notification dropdown? It's neat, but takes up too much room.
    Look in Framework-res.apk for /res/drawable-hdpi/Statusbar_background.png...yank it out, edit it.

BTW, not sure what you mean by taking up too much room...as you get more notifications they will cover it up so it doesn't reduce the notification area and/or quantity in any way.

4. How do I donate? Is paypal an option?
    Up until now I have resisted taking Donations...but with all the time I am now putting in and more so because of the aggravations uploading to Medfire etc.. I have decided to build a dedicated website, www.928droid.com (domain already active, nothing there yet) for download links/details and to have the files hosted there...so "if you insist" you can help me pay for the monthly website/file site hosting fees :-)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=U9DGNZRPB83FJ

THANKS!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

Wallpapers

Applied Black Glass to BB 0.4 and can't see any of the cool wallpapers from the wallpaper menu. I have the Droid Does paper but all the rest are just gray boxes with no thumbnails. All the thumbnails and images are on the sd card but not showing up in the wallpaper menu to apply... Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Rick
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJFrank View Post
    Applied Black Glass to BB 0.4 and can't see any of the cool wallpapers from the wallpaper menu. I have the Droid Does paper but all the rest are just gray boxes with no thumbnails. All the thumbnails and images are on the sd card but not showing up in the wallpaper menu to apply... Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Rick
    To install Wallpapers from the SDcard (same as it has always been with "user" wallpapers).. Menu> Wallpaper, Gallery> select Image, crop, Set wallpaper.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

Clear Contacts

With all the discussions about the clear vs non clear phone and contacts it would be awesome if a smoked background could be applied to the contacts like the background on the number keys on the dialer. It is hard to see the contacts if you don't happen to have the right colored background but a clear, smoked background would solve that problem. (Added to the call log and favorites also.)

Just wishful thinking... really it's an awesome theme. Thanks for the work!

Rick
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links