DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

[MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids

Hi Guys,

This MetaMorph XML Theme works on 2.1 ESE81 "Pure Stock Rooted" ROMs or any ESE81 Based ROMs. See the apps/apks that are Themed in the list below. My Themes only update image files so they will not effect custom coded versions of apps.

Perfect Stock Smoothness, Speed and Stability, especially if no other themes have been applied.

This is an XML MM Theme that will change basically all App headers, footers, Menus and more to "Eclair Black". Also all Menu Icons are darkened to match. Notifications, Browser and Search Bars are also black.

In other words if you like the 2.1 "Eclair" Black like the stock widgets, you will love this. All stock Colored Icons etc. are retained with the exception of red borders on active text fields and the "Power Off Icons".

My theme has a unique method for working around the Notification Bar Clock color issue since Pure Stock Roms are not currently able to change the clock color. It is not perfect in Landscape mode, but am working on a fix.
    UPDATE: Fix for Clock Background is to use my new Droid Pulsar Battery Status MM theme with "Black" backgrounds. Download Link: MM Theme- Droid Pulsar Battery Status with "Black"

Direct themes of the following Native apps are included, it is recommended to apply all of them for a uniform look. Framework-Res theming shows up in all Market and 3rd Party apps.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
    AlarmClock.apk
    com.android.deskclock.apk "2.1 Desk Clock" (apk must be installed in System/app)
    Browser.apk
    Calculator.apk
    CarDock.apk
    com.helixproject.launcher.apk - (apk must be installed in System/app)
    com.helixproject.launcher2.apk - (apk must be installed in System/app)
    Camera.apk
    Contacts.apk - added in Version 1.5
    DownlaodProvider.apk - added in Version 1.4
    Email.apk
    GenieWidget.apk (News and Weather) - added in Version 1.6
    Gmail.apk
    GoogleApps.apk - added in v1.7
    Launcher.apk - New 2.1 "Style" Launcher Theme (added Version 1.1)
    MediaUploader.apk
    Music.apk
    Mms.apk
    Phone.apk
    Settings.apk
    Talk.apk
    Vending.apk
    VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk
    YouTube.apk - added in Version 1.6
    framework-res.apk

As specified in the Theme File details, do the Framework-Res.apk last, it will either auto-reboot or you will get a screen to manually reboot. This only does a "partial reboot" and I recommend a full reboot after that to make everything smoother. Since so many apps are themed, the system will get faster as you use each of the newly themed apps after the first time. Also you will loose Home screen Shortcuts for some of the Native apps/Widgets after theming, just add them back again.

IF you have previously installed some other themes I would HIGHLY recommend at least pushing a stock 2.1 Framework-res.apk FIRST before installing my theme. A lot of themes I have seen have large thumbnail files in them which can effect overall performance.

Let me know your thoughts....keep in mind this is my first Theme...so go easy :-)

Please do a search in this Forum if you are unfamiliar with MetaMorph theming.

Download Link: MM Theme - 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 V1.7

Changelog:

v1.7
    • Added GoogleApps.apk to theme, Red colored "Google" Icons in Contacts, Accounts and Sync pages (screen cap below)
    • Complete re-theme of Notification Bar Icons (see Icons below)
    • New Lock Screen Icons
    • Various tweaks/enhancements.

v1.6
    • Added Enhanced Tab Icons for Phone, Contacts, Brower/BookMarks, and Music apps.
    • Additional enhancements and tweaks
    Custom Themed IME HTC Mod Keyboard shown in Screen Caps : HTC IME MOD Keyboard Themed by 928Droid

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-browser-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-phone-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-launcher-clock-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-music-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-lock-home-not-theme.png  

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Ooooh nice, love the pull down windows a lot!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    looks good
    Last edited by goingcrazzy; 05-04-2010 at 02:48 AM.
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    bgill55
    Phone
    D1,DX,N1,Tbolt, Bio,10.1tab
    Great Work Brother!!!!! I love Black Themes!!!!!

*edit your lock sliders need to have the draw9patch added to them and then recompiled, if you you need help with them let me know!!! also the text box in MMs app is orange when you click in it!, I think it would be cool if it was a red! Great Work!!! One last thing My Keyboard didnt change, although I did apply over another theme that could be the issue!! I want that keyboard Lol
    Last edited by bgill55; 05-04-2010 at 03:07 AM.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
    Great Work Brother!!!!! I love Black Themes!!!!!l
    THANKS!! Me too!

*edit your lock sliders need to have the draw9patch added to them and then recompiled, if you you need help with them let me know!!!
    Should have only been a n issue in Landscape mode, fixed in v1.0a, new link in OP. If there is something else please let me know.

also the text box in MMs app is orange when you click in it!, I think it would be cool if it was a red! Great Work!!!
    I only changed the "active" text boxes to have a red outline (let me know if some of those aren't working). If I changed the "pressed" color there I would need to do it everywhere with every button press to look right. I tried it all red and just didn't like it.

One last thing My Keyboard didnt change, although I did apply over another theme that could be the issue!! I want that keyboard Lol
    I made that via Gimpsta's Custom Keyboard website. http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ It is the HTC-IME V25 Custom keyboard. Discussion thread here .. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-keyboard.html

Link for my version: HTC IME MOD Keyboard Themed by 928Droid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-genie-set-bw-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-market-cardock-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-search-contacts-theme.png   [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-volume-optionstheme.png  
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic!
    928, is it possible to theme just the pulldown bar? I love that! It would go great with the RedRum theme I'm sporting.

Nice work!
  8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
    928, is it possible to theme just the pulldown bar? I love that! It would go great with the RedRum theme I'm sporting.

Nice work!
    Sure, just copy the attached file below to the \framework-res\res\drawable-hdpi directory in your Theme Folder and reapply the Framework-res sub-theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids-status_bar_background.png  
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    bgill55
    Phone
    D1,DX,N1,Tbolt, Bio,10.1tab
    Quote Originally Posted by 928Droid View Post
    Great Work Brother!!!!! I love Black Themes!!!!!l
    THANKS!! Me too!

*edit your lock sliders need to have the draw9patch added to them and then recompiled, if you you need help with them let me know!!!
    Should have only been a n issue in Landscape mode, fixed in v1.0a, new link in OP. If there is something else please let me know.

also the text box in MMs app is orange when you click in it!, I think it would be cool if it was a red! Great Work!!!
    I only changed the "active" text boxes to have a red outline (let me know if some of those aren't working). If I changed the "pressed" color there I would need to do it everywhere with every button press to look right. I tried it all red and just didn't like it.

One last thing My Keyboard didnt change, although I did apply over another theme that could be the issue!! I want that keyboard Lol
    I made that via Gimpsta's Custom Keyboard website. http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ It is the HTC-IME V25 Custom keyboard. Discussion thread here .. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-keyboard.html

Link for my version: HTC IME MOD Keyboard Themed by 928Droid

duh im an idiot! should have noticed itwas the htc keyboard!!! I think I got to excited and flashed it without really looking at the keyboard!
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    Premium Member
    928, are you going to put more red into this thing?
    If you like what I do, thanks

Your can follow me as follows

@dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  11. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    for the life of me I cannot type on those keyboards : )

I really like them too but it is a laborious task with auto correct and hitting caps by accident.

I had the same one 928 but I just can't type without making tons of mistakes.

It took me four try's to type the word thwump lol

Had to give up on it and thats too bad because those keyboards look fantastic.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Links