Protect page - There is a way

Bluesman2008

Is there a way to password protect/encrypt one page on the GS5? I'd like to download portable apps for various credit cards but I'd like to password protect if if there's a way to do it.I've search the net but can't find anything.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Your credit card apps don't have password/PIN protection natively...?
The app keeps others from even opening the card app . A third layer of protection. Pin to unlock phone, pin/code to open said app, password/pin code to use said app. I used one like it on my tablets so my daughter couldn't accidentally get into stuff where she could wreak accidental havoc when she was a toddler. The Play Store as an example. Though she couldn't buy stuff without my password she could download freebies that weren't "age appropriate" for her such as Asian women wallpapers, Samuel L Jackson ringtone ("say what one more blankety blank time blankety blanker" as an example) app, etc

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Seems like overkill to me, but I have a 27 character passphrase on my banking app and fingerprint unlocking on phone & app in addition to my PIN to unlock without fingerprint/trusted devices.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

The app keeps others from even opening the card app .

Exactly. It's just another layer of protection. May be overkill but I guess I've gotten a little more aware of the extent and sophistication of hackers these days.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems like overkill to me, but I have a 27 character passphrase on my banking app and fingerprint unlocking on phone & app in addition to my PIN to unlock without fingerprint/trusted devices.
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
I guess everyone has to decide their own level of convenience vs. security. To me, 2 locks works just fine & I don't feel the need for a third, but you can't be too careful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
I guess everyone has to decide their own level of convenience vs. security. To me, 2 locks works just fine & I don't feel the need for a third, but you can't be too careful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I already have 4 to get into my banking apps

1 - screen unlock
2- enter user ID into bank app
3 - enter my bank two step Authentication
4 - enter my bank password.
5 - profit

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

I was also trying to figure out how to encrypt a text file. I keep a list on my PC of all credit cards with numbers, exp. dates, PIN numbers, avail. credit etc. I realized my "Note Everything" does the job with encryption. I mailed the text file to myself, and when I got it my cell, I copy/pasted the text into a Note Everything text file and encrypted it. I highly recommend that notepad. It does everything. I use it just about every day for to do lists, super market lists, etc. You can attach audio files and graphics to a file. Highly recommended.

Note Everything Pro Add-On - Android Apps on Google Play

I used the free version for 20 minutes then bought the pro version ($3.99) and well worth it.