LG G Watch Crashed (new AW app update?)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My G Watch crashed this morning and I had to factory reset it. I bought and downloaded a new face last night (Ranger Military) but did not open it & sync to my watch. This morning as I was scrolling through notifications on my phone I saw an update for the AW app (version 1.0.5.1785466). The usual: bug fixes, various improvements, etc. So I updated the AW app. Then I setup my new watch face with the AW app and pushed it to my watch. All was good for about a minute. Then every 30 seconds or so I got a message on my watch "process com.google.gapps has stopped". I tried rebooting the phone & watch, same thing. I uninstalled the new face and reverted back to a stock face, same thing. I tried the Resync All Apps option in AW. It got worse, the message started every 5 seconds on my watch and no face would show up, just a blueish-black screen. I had to keep clicking OK to the message but was finally able to get into settings and reset the watch. All is good now (and the watch factory reset is pretty quick and easy to re-pair to the phone). Not sure if this happened because of the AW app update, the new face or a combination of both. Figured I would post here in case someone else has a similar experience with the new app update.

I'm running the same version of Android Wear. Haven't had this problem, but I do occasionally get a "Android Wear has stopped" box, or something to that effect asking whether I want to wait or close it.

I can't recall if this was the same version I was running when my battery suddenly drained super fast, but I had to simply reboot the watch. That problem has now gone away. I'm back to using the same face that I was when it started and am getting the average life out of my battery that I am used to.

The joys of being on the ground floor of new tech...Haha!

Did you get a notification for another AW app update in the past day or so? I remember updating the AW app around the same time you posted your battery issue. The update I received this morning is dated 18 MAR 2015. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to be good now. And you are correct, we are learning as we go & figuring out new stuff.

Yeah. It updated fairly recently. I was surprised that it wasn't on my list of recently updated apps when I went into the play store to check and see if I was on the same version and/or if there was another update. But I've had quite a few apps update last night and this morning, so it must've just gotten bumped.

One other FYI: I learned that after resetting a watch, none of the faces I have bought/downloaded show up in the AW app until you re-do the Resync All Apps option. Not a big deal, but might be good to know for someone else.

One other FYI: I learned that after resetting a watch, none of the faces I have bought/downloaded show up in the AW app until you re-do the Resync All Apps option. Not a big deal, but might be good to know for someone else.
Learned that one the hard way myself.

I thought my notification "stalls" as I will call them went away but I got one today. Trivia Crack.
Swipe it away and the card goes away but the background of the notification hangs there...
I did notice while playing with that they have moved the blue DISMISS ring (to cancel the dismiss) off to the side now.

Back