Cant edit contacts

Holyeffenwow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
almost all the contacts that were transferred from my old phone at the time of purchase show up as a "Motorola Services Contract from Motorola" when I try to edit them and have a message that says "Motorola Services Contact Information is not editable on this Device"

I can hide the contact but not edit but I really dont want a bunch hidden and duplicated contacts on my phone when I just need to do a simple address or phone number change. I took the phone to Verizon and they were dumbfounded and didnt know what to do .... any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you have the contact info page with a contact open, look for "join" in the menu. This should allow you to merge them.

This moto error you have is new to me, hope join works!

----posted maxx'ed out----

Last edited:
OP
Holyeffenwow

Holyeffenwow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
It doesn't give me the the option to join the contacts

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Holyeffenwow

Holyeffenwow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
sorry for posting this in more than 1 forum but I didnt realize I posted in the wrong place till after the fact... please bear with me I am a newb:biggrin:

almost all the contacts that were transferred from my old phone at the time of purchase show up as a "Motorola Services Contact from Motorola" when I try to edit them and have a message that says "Motorola Services Contact Information is not editable on this Device"

I can hide the contact but not edit but I really dont want a bunch hidden and duplicated contacts on my phone when I just need to do a simple address or phone number change. I took the phone to Verizon and they were dumbfounded and didnt know what to do .... any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

toymvr

Reaction score
I got the same problem the guys at store are lost

oleancomputers

Reaction score
I have a Droid Razor with the same problem. After the OS "screen manager?) update. My personal contact properties changed to be uneditable contacts. How can we change these properties back to be editable. I have alot of info such as login passwords etc I need for various contacts in my business. I know the phone isn't the best place but I've always done this.

OP
Holyeffenwow

Holyeffenwow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
I ended up doing a full reboot, reloaded contacts manually and havent had the issue since but now my phone randomly reboots 3 or 4 times a day...guess at this point i'm just going to root and rom and hope the issues resolve