Special cases to use with the extended battery

setlab

I'm wanting to get a extended battery for my droidx, is there any cases out there that won't work with that battery?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Well I know for a fact that the otterbox committed works.but not the body glove. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yup I got the otterbox commuter, works great.

The Verizon case/belt clip combo will work, but only if you keep the battery door off the phone, which works fine the case covers it.

A few people on the various forums have posted that the Otterbox Defender also works with the extended battery (the Otterbox website says it doesn't, but it apparently does). I am using the Otterbox Commuter case and it fits well with the extended.

well i can tell you this i am using the extended battery with the original back cover its a bit tight but works well and it fits perfectly, also its not really that much a difference and i dont think that the extended battery backplate will cause any issue, if it does not work just use your stock backplate that will work fine and will save you extra money

I confirmed that the Otterbox Commuter and Defender both work with extended battery. I use the Commuter and I installed the Defender on Dad's DX - both phones use extended battery and extended battery door.

well i can tell you this i am using the extended battery with the original back cover its a bit tight but works well and it fits perfectly, also its not really that much a difference and i dont think that the extended battery backplate will cause any issue, if it does not work just use your stock backplate that will work fine and will save you extra money

this will cause stress that can cause physical damage. Its your phone but just a warning...

Back