So whats with the cases covering the speaker in the back?

MelissAnnH

Okay, so some of the A995 cases have a long thin cut out for the speapker in the back.

Some have a much short thin box cut out for the speaker in the back.

I have been told several different things about whats going on with this ---

why do Droid 2 phone covers have different speaker cut out shapes?

Because the manufacturer could care less about covering the speaker, they are out to make a few bucks and lose sight of what is important to a customer. To have a well done case, I got a case at VZW that fits perfectly and has the speaker cut out perfectly.

I would be surprised if the speaker actually as wide as the mesh on the back of the phone. Even if some cases only have a one inch slit, that may only be how big the speaker actually is.

I would be surprised if the speaker actually as wide as the mesh on the back of the phone. Even if some cases only have a one inch slit, that may only be how big the speaker actually is.

I agree. I remember reading another post about this. I believe the actual speaker is much smaller then the actual mesh grate on the phone. I guess motorola liked the look of the phone with it going all the across the back.

The holster/case combo I bought from the Verizon store has all the proper cut-outs for my Droid 2. No complaints. It's made by Superior.

FWIW, I noticed that all of the accessories I buy from the Verizon store seem to work exceptionally well with the Droid 2. There's only 1 exception and that is the universal car mount. I bought an Arkon kit for $20 from Amazon and it was much better.

Also, if you can do a search for the same accessory on Amazon, you generally can get it cheaper. I saved over $100 by buying the actual phone and contract via Amazon versus going to the store.

i know for sure that on the droid1 the speaker was about 1/4 of the whole mesh area, so its probably the same on the droid2

Back