Just ordered X2, Is otterbox defender best choice?

jacobbones

Reaction score
Ordered an droid x2 little while ago and was looking around for at cases/screen protectors etc..

Seems that the otterbox defender gets really good reviews and even includes a screen shield.

What do you guys think? Otterbox or is another better?
Not really worried about having the super slim phone. Rather not have a $500 paper weight if I get clumsy.

nice dude. I hope it gets rooted quick style. You will have to let us know what you think. I will be interested as I have upgrade available.

After some searching Iam leaning towards the kraken trident.
Since it seemed to let less dust/dirt in. Not worried about a holster.

Can anyone tell me if they both offer same protection from drops/hits.
Read alot about the abuse the otterbox will absorb. Is kraken just as tough?

I had the kracken case for my fascinate. I use the otterbox case now for my droid x (traded the fascinate for the X) and I think I like the otterbox better. The otterbox case doesn't have the oil slick anymore under the screen like they used to have - they solved it somehow. However the Kracken case does - it appears oily under the screen protector and can be annoying. Also the defender case just seems to provide more protection and seems more well made (given it is slightly larger).

I just received my Otterbox Defender for my X, today. I attached it to my x, and, so far, I like it a whole lot. It does make the phone a bit bigger, but not bad. I like the holster that came with it, too. The, slightly rubbery, feel of the case is a bit annoying, but it should stay put where I put it. It came from Amazon at a very good price and with free shipping.

I had the defender for my x but it let in to much dust under to screen protector so I got the commuter and I'm loving it. Of course it not a rugged but it is sexier.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ended up getting a otterbox.
After some research it just seems that even though dust gets in, I wont have to worry as much about destroying my phone

Back