Best way to transfer to new Sd card

jamjr74

Reaction score
Ok I was using my original 2gb sd card and it now almost full so I am buying a 16GB card. My question is this: What is the best way to move all my pics, songs, and apps to the new SD card? Thanks.

Ok I was using my original 2gb sd card and it now almost full so I am buying a 16GB card. My question is this: What is the best way to move all my pics, songs, and apps to the new SD card? Thanks.

I would simply mount your SD card to your PC, copy your files over, then mount your new 16gig SD card and move the pics/music/etc. back over.

By the way, didn't your phone come with a 16GB card from the store? Mine did. (EDIT... I just noticed you're on an Incredible... I have a Droid... it came with a 16gb card.)

Make sure you put your new, blank SD card in your device and let your phone "format" it first, then transfer your old data to your new card, I have done this going from a 16gb to a 32gb and I found that formatting the blank card with my device and then transferring my data via USB cable (not removing the usb card) worked best. When I formatted the card then unmounted it to transfer my data via card reader and then remounted it I would run into problems

I would simply mount your SD card to your PC, copy your files over, then mount your new 16gig SD card and move the pics/music/etc. back over.

By the way, didn't your phone come with a 16GB card from the store? Mine did. (EDIT... I just noticed you're on an Incredible... I have a Droid... it came with a 16gb card.)

No mine did not come with a 16gb card, I only got a 2gb card and that was only because verizon was giving them away!

Back